Two questions, please.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debbie,
you may also take a look at your fins - if you switch to say Scuba Pro jet fins they will be much more negative in the water and maybe that will help you not to "v" backwards...
Other than that - I think the crotch strap is the way to go - I have one too and it helps solve the riding up problem...
Another thing I have seen a number of divers do is flip the first stage upside down - that way it is lower adn closer to the tank - this is most likely what you are hitting your head on - you would have to switch your hoses around, but that is no big deal.

Cheers,
Dane

Deb, there are pros & cons to ankle weights:

Pros:
- by distributing your weight along your body rather than just at the waist, you take the strain/stress off your back. This is especially useful when you are wearing more exposure protection and therefore need more weight.
- distributing weight along the body helps your "trim" and may ultimately help your bouyancy control.
- if you have problem with "floaty legs" the ankle weights help keep them down.

Cons:
- they take a bit of getting used to. Initially, they will make finning harder. You may tire quicker and have problems negotiating current with them if you are not used to the extra weight.

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom