Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeez, that is rich coming from you! You're accusing them of all sorts in this thread based on no evidence whatsoever and no knowledge of the people involved... and in direct contradiction of many of the reported facts.

You then have the cheek to turn around and demand people who do know them justify their support!

Amazing....

Geoff, your attention towards me is starting to make me a little uncomfortable. Did I steal your parking space at the mall??? There are NO facts what so ever in this entire thread. All that is here is speculation on everyone's part, but somehow you don't feel the need to point that out as long as it agrees with what you think.

Has anyone else noticed that those 8 people from Taiwan did not do interviews, they were rescued, they were grateful, they went back to their lives, not with an agent on a publicity tour.

I would venture to say that we will not hear anymore from the Komodo 5 either...

That is normal...these two are not.

Geoff, your attention towards me is starting to make me a little uncomfortable. Did I steal your parking space at the mall??? There are NO facts what so ever in this entire thread. All that is here is speculation on everyone's part, but somehow you don't feel the need to point that out as long as it agrees with what you think.
Many have noticed and think the same of your vendetta.
Has anyone else noticed that those 8 people from Taiwan did not do interviews, they were rescued, they were grateful, they went back to their lives, not with an agent on a publicity tour.
The Chinese culture is quite different from the Australian much less the American. I doubt there were any offers there.
I would venture to say that we will not hear anymore from the Komodo 5 either...

I think they did attract more attention in part because their case was so very similar to the two stupid movies and that it was an attractive romantic couple. The Komodo lot has some real cuties but there's something special about a couple. You'll notice in the news articles that the editors are using photos of the hot blond and her Royal Marine boyfriend much more than the others with some but less interest in the cute DM.

My Vendetta against who?? and who are these many others???

Last edited:
I guess I must be living in a hut, possibly an igloo. I stand corrected. They are sleazebags for sure, and have lied their way through this whole thing.

I would like to see some links to the other posts and links to other interviews please. If you wouldn't mind.

Thank you for being so supportive.

i have never called these 2 divers sleezebags and i dont have such low opinion of them either - i actually dont even think of them until i turn on SB and see more posts on this thread that reminds me of them.

and as far as providing the links for interviews - i have better things to do with my time as its 5.50am monday morning here and my early morning cardio training session is more important to me than trolling thru youtube for links

but Jenn does bring up a good point - the Maldives tragedy, and it is a tragedy as people died, a tourist died not locals and french and americans and kiwis were poisoned. i havent seen any tv interviews or media frenzy and i wonder why

My Vendetta against who?? and who are these many others???
We could run a poll...?
but Jenn does bring up a good point - the Maldives tragedy, and it is a tragedy as people died, a tourist died not locals, not chinese nationals as DD mentioned and french and americans and kiwis were poisoned. i havent seen any tv interviews or media frenzy and i wonder why
What I had more in mind is that the Chinese culture is different so there may not have been any offers there; had it happened in Australian waters - maybe? Had the CO death and injuries happened with an Aussie operator, sure. But a nice looking love couple is more "newsworthy" than any group.

We could run a poll...?

So now you're just making crap up?

I have no vendetta against these two people, Why the hell would I? I'm quite glad they were found alive...I just have a differing opinion on their motivation and behavior. I'm not putting anyone else down because they believe everything these people have said. You and Geoff seem to be the only ones that want to make this a personal vendetta, mostly against me. I think that says far more about you two than it does about my differing opinion.

Differing opinions are acceptable on SB, personal attacks are not.

Differing opinions are acceptable on SB, personal attacks are not.
Certainly agreed! Have no problem whatsoever with you as a wonderful lady. Your opinion here maybe...:lotsalove:

Certainly agreed! Have no problem whatsoever with you as a wonderful lady. Your opinion here maybe...:lotsalove:

That is still an insult...You do not have the right to insult me because you don't agree with me

That is still an insult...You do not have the right to insult me because you don't agree with me
Huh? :confused: How is that an insult? I have no intention of insulting you. If you think I have, go for it...

How's your Chinese? Watch much Taiwanese TV?

So you feel entitled to make up stories about them because they don't fit your definition of normal? I know this is the internet and you're allowed to say what you like but then you must also be prepared to have your view dissected, criticised and called out when it is shown to be patently groundless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom