Two divers missing Whitsunday Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh give me a freaking break!!!
they travelled with max markson - the biggest Z-celebrity PR ***** in this country from autralia to NY for tv interviews
and you expect me to believe they did it out of the goodness of their hearts
there is no shame in taking money for selling their story
i dont know them, i wish them both the best and enjoy every single cent they make for their trauma but if they are going to lie about accepting money then they need to stop giving interviews now before their credibilty sinks even further

Now, don't try to sugarcoat this. Just tell us exactly what you think! :)

Richard and Ally said in the TV interview that they had not been offered any money yet. Rich also said he was briefed by the tour leader to go outside the lagoon. I think that this would be considered professional courtesy. If this was a day trip out, then there would not have been many experienced divers on the trip and the tour leader was undoubtedly trying to make their experience the best one they could. I don't know where the money thing came from actually; not from Rich and Ally. Watch and listen to both interviews, part one and two.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlwwmdBb2uw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlwwmdBb2uw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
That's the code you use on websites like myspace. Here it's (code disabled) [yt]OlwwmdBb2uw[/yt] (code enabled again) to produce...

Okay I used centering codes too. :eyebrow:

oh give me a freaking break!!!

they travelled with max markson - the biggest Z-celebrity PR ***** in this country from autralia to NY for tv interviews

and you expect me to believe they did it out of the goodness of their hearts

there is no shame in taking money for selling their story

i dont know them, i wish them both the best and enjoy every single cent they make for their trauma but if they are going to lie about accepting money then they need to stop giving interviews now before their credibilty sinks even further
I don't know, wasn't there, don't know any of them, but I would support them accepting any money they can get for appearances that included the truth - and I'm not judging that. Haven't watched the 8 minute video, but why would they deny accepting money...?

why would they deny accepting money...?

If they are not being totally truthful, maybe guilt has set in? I could be wrong and don't know any of this for fact. I just get a feeling they disregarded the briefing thinking they new better. Experience has a way of clouding judgment if you&#8217;re not careful. Perhaps they put themselves in their predicament and feel uneasy acknowledging they accepted the money after the fact.

In a world where most every aspect of human culture has become corrupted it should now be expected that getting what you can without harming the parties involved wouldn't be a big moral issue. Check any RSS news feed if you want something to get bent up over and you'll see that this just isn't going to warrant a very strong rating on the BSometer of what we as individuals have to tolerate in our daily lives.

They're divers who can make a buck so why raise a fuss ... right?

"they travelled with max markson - the biggest Z-celebrity PR ***** in this country from autralia to NY for tv interviews"

These interviews were done in Australia just after the incident. In the interviews, if you would watch them, they had not accepted any money and said the fact that they had were just rumors.

Watch them yourself, judge for yourself. Since these two interviews, I have not seen any additional interviews, celebrity manager or not. I have not seen anything in the paper. Have any of you? People are saying that they are denying accepting money because they somehow feel guilty. Watch the interview, both parts. These are well spoken, intelligent people. If they accepted money, it was after they came to the US, not in Australia according to all evidence I have seen.

"If guilt has set in..." What guilt? About what? They were in the water for 19 hours, they were rescued. What do they have to feel guilty about? "Why would they deny accepting money?" Because at the time of these interviews, they had not accepted any money. Why would they say something that they hadn't done? Whether it's wrong or right, is there any evidence that they have accepted money and if so, where is this evidence please? Where have they lied please?

I hate to beat a dead horse in this thread, but the people who are commenting here are simply not paying attention to what is being said. Where is your heart people? I don't see one instance where they have lied or exaggerated.

.....Since these two interviews, I have not seen any additional interviews, celebrity manager or not. I have not seen anything in the paper. Have any of you? .......
do you live in a hut in iceland somewhere??? english media was their first interview, followed by australia tv interviews and then flown to NY for a media roundup there before being flown back to australia for another interview - hopefully they are now sitting somewhere warm and tropical, sipping drinks by the beach and relaxhing

"they travelled with max markson - the biggest Z-celebrity PR ***** in this country from autralia to NY for tv interviews"

These interviews were done in Australia just after the incident. In the interviews, if you would watch them, they had not accepted any money and said the fact that they had were just rumors. ...........
i am in australia

i am very familiar with a current affair and its arch enemy on channel 7 Today Tonight

these 2 tv news shows have very little real crediability in this country for its trashy news content, its bashing down doors to stick a camera in and last year they even chained up a little old lady for a story on old peoples home. they spearhead the chequebook journalism that exists today so i feel very comfortable in my belief that the 2 divers received money before they said a word - why else would the refuse to give a free to all media interview but held out for specific one on one exclusives, why else would they have max markson by their side

i repeat - i have zero issue whatsoever that they sold their stories - heck, if i was floating out there for 19hrs i too would be stitching up deals in my head while waiting to be rescued

by their supporters, im guessing they are be nice people but i think their friends need to stop taking everything so personally as the level of posts here are very supportive and tame compared to some i have seen on other sites

I guess I must be living in a hut, possibly an igloo. I stand corrected. They are sleazebags for sure, and have lied their way through this whole thing.

I would like to see some links to the other posts and links to other interviews please. If you wouldn't mind.

Thank you for being so supportive.

I guess I must be living in a hut, possibly an igloo. I stand corrected. They are sleazebags for sure, and have lied their way through this whole thing.

I would like to see some links to the other posts and links to other interviews please. If you wouldn't mind.

Ouch! :catfight: :bash: :argue: Relax, I don't think she meant it so personal. But I see your point as well.

AZ

Oh good lord....she didn't say anything of the kind. :dramaqueen:

While I think it's nice that you're defending your friends, how much do you really know? Have you talked to them at all since this has happened? Or are you just basing your anger off what you knew of them previously?

While I think it's nice that you're defending your friends, how much do you really know? Have you talked to them at all since this has happened? Or are you just basing your anger off what you knew of them previously?

Jeez, that is rich coming from you! You're accusing them of all sorts in this thread based on no evidence whatsoever and no knowledge of the people involved... and in direct contradiction of many of the reported facts.

You then have the cheek to turn around and demand people who do know them justify their support!

Amazing....

Back
Top Bottom