twin 80s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^ are you serious? You're not going to make many friends with the "I know everything" attitude online. But in answer to your question, argon is used as drysuit inflation from either a 6cf, 13cf or 14cf bottle mounted on the backplate or the divers' doubles. The first stage MUST have an overpressure release valve so that if the intermediate pressure escalates too much the suit won't suddenly and uncontrollably inflate.

Neox: no one uses it. However, since you asked:
Neon is less absorbed by body tissues than helium or nitrogen due to it's greater density, but it's also very expensive gas compared even to expensive helium. Instead of pure neon, there has also been use for crude neon mix, which is a mixture of 75% neon and 25% helium (crude neon is a by-product in air distillation). Neon as an inert gas seems not to have any narcotic effects in a dives less than 360 m depth, and it does not cause the distortion of voice like helium or hydrogen does. The density of neon limits it still mainly to depths less than 180 m, because neon is so slowly released from body tissues causing long decompression times. This is the reason why neon is mostly used in a short bounce-dives. Neon is mostly used together with oxygen (NEon+OXygen = "neox"), or with trimix (trimix = helium + oxygen + nitrogen) to make neoquad mix. DCS cases, where diver has breathed neon as an inert gas, are very hard to treat because of complex recompression schedules.

The Doria on air? Personally he sounds like an idiot to me.

johnnythan is right scuba65, you don't have to "prove" yourself to anyone here. I have a whole bunch of dives but I still learn a lot from SB. There are divers on this board who have actually done the dives that you and I read about. Some of the best in the world and if you listen, it's amazing the things you can learn.

Glad to know the non-certified diver is quizzing me.
Just curious, what equipment do you use? Seriously--I don't want to hear that you're using Gavins for 18,000ft penetration dives. I'm actually asking.

thank you for being a little nicer i use a apeks xtx 200 with a atx 40 as a octo with a vt3 dive computer

Who makes the dive computer?

The VT3 is a wireless air-integrated dive computer made by Oceanic.

Back
Top Bottom