turtle spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got them with my turtles. They seem to be quality to me but I admit I don't have alot of exposure to any other brands. Heck, it is a spring and an attachment how different could it be?

Chad

Yep and they have the plastic thingies to lock them in place on the sides. They don't have line running inside the spring like some do but I didn't think that was worth $30 bucks. I like them and I wish you the best in your purchase.

Over strech the spring in those straps, and you might think the $30 extra for the line was worth it! Now I know it would be hard to do, but it can happen.

Give Lloyd Baileys a call also. They have spring straps for $45. I have a set on my JetFins. They have the line through them, sturdy attachment hardware, and a vinyl cover over the spring. Pretty nice IMO.

JamesK,

I see your point but if the line is loose enough to stretch the spring over your heel isn' that still a concern?

If not it wouldn't be a big deal for me to run some through there.

Chad

You could be in spring straps (without a fancy attachement piece) for your turtles for around 15 US bux if you buy the springs from mcmaster-carr. Do a search and find the right part numbers (they're mentioned on the board here somewhere - thats where i got the information). I just looped the springs around the existing strap attachments - seem to be very solid and just fine - may not look quite as nice, but very simple, andvery cheap. The springs are the exact same ones as i've seen commercially available for diverite fins if you're curious (and approx 100 bux US).

steve

wetman,

Don't you love Mcmaster-Carr. I thought about doing that but I wanted to see a set before I did it. My next set I will do just as you describe.

Chad

What a fantastic place to get stuff. I ordered 4 extra packs of springs cause i new friends would want them - and i have a couple mares sets of fins i'll be setting up. mddolson on this board did a fantastic job on some volos with shackles to attach to the mares attachment points so thats what i'll be doing.

I also ordered som SS bolt snaps at the same time. very handy.

But as far as SS bolt snaps go, theres a guy that sells them on ebay that has a deal you cant beat. 15 snaps for about 30ish bux.

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom