Go Sport Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone retrofitted spring straps like what Piranha sells to the Scubapro Go Sport fins? I love my fins and they work perfect when diving wet, but they are a little tight and buoyant when I’m diving dry. I’d rather not buy another set of fins, and thought it would be ideal to swap between the stock bungee straps and spring straps depending on the dive.

Has anyone retrofitted spring straps like what Piranha sells to the Scubapro Go Sport fins? I love my fins and they work perfect when diving wet, but they are a little tight and buoyant when I’m diving dry. I’d rather not buy another set of fins, and thought it would be ideal to swap between the stock bungee straps and spring straps depending on the dive.

Why not buy a bigger size bungee strap from SP for these fins?

Glad I’m not the only one :)

My fins are already size XL, I don’t see a larger strap listed?

@BoltSnap I've seen Lexvil's post, I believe that the bungee replacement is for the Supernova strap. At least on my Go Sport strap it doesn't have the removeable plate or locking mechanism. Also (maybe just me) the removal of the plastic post gets the post a big mangled. I was interested in replacing my strap with a spring strap for simplicity and greater durability than the bungee.

Ditto… Piranha offers many spring strap styles, maybe I’ll try something.

@BoltSnap I've seen Lexvil's post, I believe that the bungee replacement is for the Supernova strap. At least on my Go Sport strap it doesn't have the removeable plate or locking mechanism. Also (maybe just me) the removal of the plastic post gets the post a big mangled. I was interested in replacing my strap with a spring strap for simplicity and greater durability than the bungee.
Completely different system
IMG_8753.jpeg

Completely different system
View attachment 810412
The SP replacement bungee for the Go Sport come with a new pin. It is not considered reusable. Some have replaced the pin with a bolt. I have not bothered to do so. I do keep a spare set of bungees in my bag should someday I need them.

The SP replacement bungee for the Go Sport come with a new pin. It is not considered reusable. Some have replaced the pin with a bolt. I have not bothered to do so. I do keep a spare set of bungees in my bag should someday I need them.
I’ve not looked at the pin as far as removal since I’ve not had a problem with the bungee, I have this spare set because I put orange straps on my first Go fins and gave them away. I do use my other of Go’s in the pool a lot but for travel from now on it will be the super nova or the S Tek.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom