Turquoise Lake Aug 25th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmurray

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone up for Turquoise Lake on 8/25? I was there this past weekend and thought a return trip would be in order. Besides the Matchless area, are there other decent sites? I heard that Abe Lee is a decent place to dive.

Or... anyone up for diving over Labor day weekend?

I was thinking I might just go up for the day. I have a place I can stay for cheap in Breck, and could just use that as my base.

I look at my calendar wrong before and I'd be able to do something that weekend.
Local would be better and I still have to clear it with the wife (which might be tough).

We'd be interested in doing something too, if someone wants to put it together, but preferably someplace where we don't have to fight a lot of traffic.

I checked the weekend of Aug 25-26, and there are no campsites available at Molly Brown (the best campground, I've been told) but they do have campsites at Father Dryer. I don't know anything about this area. Is the campground convenient to the dive site? You have to reserve at least 2 nights on the weekends. I don't know how fast this fills up. Is it safe to hope for a 1 night walk-up when I get there? It's 3.5-4 hours drive for me, so that makes a very long day for a one day trip. Is anyone else interested in camping there? Or, do you have a suggestion of somewhere else you would like to go? Let's hear from you as to preferences.:popcorn:

Waterskier1:
I checked the weekend of Aug 25-26, and there are no campsites available at Molly Brown (the best campground, I've been told) but they do have campsites at Father Dryer. I don't know anything about this area. Is the campground convenient to the dive site? You have to reserve at least 2 nights on the weekends. I don't know how fast this fills up. Is it safe to hope for a 1 night walk-up when I get there? It's 3.5-4 hours drive for me, so that makes a very long day for a one day trip. Is anyone else interested in camping there? Or, do you have a suggestion of somewhere else you would like to go? Let's hear from you as to preferences.:popcorn:
I have stayed at the Father Dyer campground a few times. Everything is close and convenient in the area. You will not be close to the lake but it will be quiet and really very nice.
Do dinner at Quincys in Leadville. $9.95 prime rib, $3.50 well drinks.
Frank

mhedstrom:
We'd be interested in doing something too, if someone wants to put it together, but preferably someplace where we don't have to fight a lot of traffic.

If we go, and leave on Sunday, then we should not have to deal with too much traffic. Leaving on Monday would be a very bad idea, and going up Friday night will also involve heavy traffic.

I will talk to Lynell (wife) this weekend, and see if she is interested in going, and camping. If not, I MAY be able to do a day trip, or maybe even spend one night.

We live in the mountains, so camping in a crowded area even in such a beautiful place has lost some of the appeal! :D

Back
Top Bottom