Turks Caicos in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dorado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Buddy of mine invited me to join his extended family on a trip to Provo in October so I eagerly accepted and actually booked an extended trip arriving several days in advance of main party specifically to get some diving in...

Only to find out dive charters aren't running (those I have contacted so far). Hoping the wisdom of the board can come to rescue to help me avoid what would be a huge bummer (now that I committed myself to the worst time to visit & hurricane season)

Thanks in advance!

Which island will you be visiting?

Edit: Whoops! I missed the Provo part of your post. Dive Provo should be running. Is this not the case?

Big Blue should be running as should Dive Provo-

Or the dive center at Beaches resort right on Grace Bay-

Either way, you will love Provo, it is beautiful and tons of fun. We went in October last year and had perfect weather the entire time, and no crowds.

Where are you staying?

Turks and Caicos Watersports and Eco-tours

Maybe bad luck on first 3 shops I tried. I just got affirmative responses from Dive Provo and Flamingo.

Staying at a palacial AirBnB that is on the water with a dock. Looking into getting a kayak and maybe bringing a fishing pole (have to learn abt local regs).

I am looking forward to it. Some of the top dive spots in the world I have read

Dive Provo is a cattle boat operation. You will dive for 45 minutes, then need to come up. You might see if AquaTci is available. They will let you dive your air, and not restrict you as much as Dive Provo.

I Dive Flamingo every time I'm on the Island. Great husband and wife team run the boat, super friendly and only 8 divers per trip. Cant beat it!!!! I will be diving with them next week as a matter of fact. We go to the island once sometimes twice a year. if you have nay questions let me know.

Thanks for the tips! I plan on diving Oct 13-15. If anyone reading this is gonna be on the island that week and wants to meetup give me a shout.

I Dive Flamingo every time I'm on the Island. Great husband and wife team run the boat, super friendly and only 8 divers per trip. Cant beat it!!!! I will be diving with them next week as a matter of fact. We go to the island once sometimes twice a year. if you have nay questions let me know.

AMEN - Mickey and jayne are awesome - only dive op to use on Provo in my opinion

Dive Provo is a cattle boat operation. You will dive for 45 minutes, then need to come up.
I would double check with Dive Provo on this. I dove with them 2 different trips and that was not our impression. Yes some boats are bigger but they also go out to West Caicos and French Caye. Never felt like a cattle boat operation on the boat or while diving. If you use their shuttle service to get to the boats and dive shop that can be a bit crowded. Also, never limited to 45 minutes. My recollection was 60 but I was always able to finish my tank under the boat. They were also very flexible when it came to being solo. I was always given the choice of finding a buddy or following the DM. Always chose the DM. They would let me finish the dive under the boat even if the DM went up so long as other divers were around under the boat. I thought they were a very good op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom