Turbo Soles, Rockboots and Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! They are, but I have alternatives and can dive without them. Not so much if I forget the rock boots. Besides, I have socks with rockboots on a CLX450 and don't like how the sock bunches up. I just don't like the feel and fit of the rockboot system.

I loop my fin keepers through the ankle velcro strap so it's always with the drysuit even when I'm not in the drysuit. :D

That's how I do it, too. Makes it something I don't have to remember. They're easy to make from inntertube, also.

I don't have issues with too much air in my turbo soles. I like the ankle articulation I get with the turbo soles for my propulsions. I also like being able to use the same set of fins for my wetsuit dives as I do for my drysuit dives.

It truly is a personal preference and I have tried rock boots for about ten dives but prefer turbo soles.

It's not a matter of too much air in my feet for me, so that's not why I need them. The fin keeper keeps the "sock" with sole tight against my foot. The spring strap tends to want to push the turbo sock down off of my heel. The fin keeper keeps everything flat against my foot.

I don't have issues with too much air in my turbo soles. I like the ankle articulation I get with the turbo soles for my propulsions. I also like being able to use the same set of fins for my wetsuit dives as I do for my drysuit dives.

It truly is a personal preference and I have tried rock boots for about ten dives but prefer turbo soles.

It's not a matter of too much air in my feet for me, so that's not why I need them. The fin keeper keeps the "sock" with sole tight against my foot. The spring strap tends to want to push the turbo sock down off of my heel. The fin keeper keeps everything flat against my foot.

I was answering OP about air in turbo soles.

Like you, I do like the fin keepers because they keep the turbo sole flat again my foot.

OP - I have buddies who prefer rock boots and I have buddies who prefer turbo soles. Dive whichever works best for the way you dive.

Back
Top Bottom