TSDT Summer Fling

What Location and Dates for the Summer Fling.

• Clear Springs Scuba Park Terrell, Texas

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Lake Broken Bow Oklahoma

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Lake Murray Oklahoma

• Some other body of water...Cozumel?

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Date: May 17-18

• Date: June 7-8 (World Ocean Day)

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Date: July 4-5-6

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Some other date?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most people would probably reap back the extra gas money by not paying $20 a head to dive (per day) and $8 air fills at CSSP.

$20 seems like a lot to set foot in a pool of water. I've never been there, so I don't know what you get for that $20. Does it include overnight camping or is that extra? Are there showers and bathroom facilities onsite?

$20 seems like a lot to set foot in a pool of water. I've never been there, so I don't know what you get for that $20. Does it include overnight camping or is that extra? Are there showers and bathroom facilities onsite?

There is overnight camping, but I believe that is an extra charge.

Yes, there are shower and bathroom facilities there.

I would imagine Robert will eventually be forced to come down on the $20 'cover charge' with the economy like it is right now and not seeming to get better anytime soon.

Give the man some credit, first it's his business, second, he has been pouring money back into his investment. Every improvement increases property values, which increases taxes. Insurance can't be cheep either. I can understand being board with the place. Diving the same spot over and over does get dull. My vote would be for Broken Bow, but, like I said, I seriously doubt I can go. My second vote would be Travis. At least it's central which makes it easy to get to from the whole state. For that matter, we could all go to Mammoth, at least that's new to everyone.

TwoBit

I give him all the credit in the world. His investment has created one of the best diving spots in the state. I applaud that. And I'm certain the taxes and insurance on the place are extremely high. But having said that, let's face it -- times are tough for everyone (especially me). I never said they had to be permanent changes in pricing. Didn't Calvin come down a little on his admission in Athens? What are Twin Lakes and Lake Travis charging now? It's a Catch-22 situation, I'll be the first to admit. I wasn't trying to criticize him.

I wouldn't mind trying out Mammoth. In fact, I was hoping Mike would add that to the list.

Give the man some credit, first it's his business, second, he has been pouring money back into his investment. Every improvement increases property values, which increases taxes. Insurance can't be cheap either. I can understand being bored with the place.
TwoBit

Aww Tom honey, there was never any Robert-bashing intended- like I said before, I love CSSP and it's worth the $ to me to dive there. (K-Valve, it's really nice, with covered pavillions/picnic tables available. The camping is extra, there are hot showers available, with indoor toilets near the office/air-fill station area, and porta-potties throughout the park. A great camping/diving experience.)

My point in bringing up the $ was that after people pay the CSSP fees, it would balance out the extra gas to drive to Broken Bowfor many people, therefore the cost for the location would balance out a bit. It wasn't a complaint against the CSSP fees. I got over that a long time ago, and decided that it is worth every penny to get to dive there. I like nice, long, easy, shallow dives with great walls and cool fish. I personally never get bored there, unless the vis is extemely bad. I guess I'm just glad to be blowing bubbles, no matter where. Hahaha, even Lake Hawkins!! (Which has an awesome campground, btw, but ixnay on the ivingday.

As much as I would like to go to Broken Bow, it may be much more considerate of our Southern and Central Swampers to go to Terrell, however. Also, as of this writing, there are twice as many votes for CSSP as for BB.

One thing I do know, is that I'm going to go SOMEWHERE this weekend or next. Maybe TSP?

Give the man some credit, first it's his business, second, he has been pouring money back into his investment. Every improvement increases property values, which increases taxes. Insurance can't be cheep either. I can understand being board with the place. Diving the same spot over and over does get dull. My vote would be for Broken Bow, but, like I said, I seriously doubt I can go. My second vote would be Travis. At least it's central which makes it easy to get to from the whole state. For that matter, we could all go to Mammoth, at least that's new to everyone.

I wasn't being critical. I've never been there, and since it would be my money I'm spending I was just wondering what I'd get for my $20. Seems like a normal question to me.

What [is] Travis charging now?

I wouldn't mind trying out Mammoth. In fact, I was hoping Mike would add that to the list.

$10 on the weekends, $5 on weekdays, $10 to camp. Bathrooms, cold water showers on site. Campsites with fire pits. Several stairways down to the water. Picnic tables and a couple of large tents. Plenty of boats and misc odd Austin-type stuff in the water to look at.

Mammoth sounds interesting and new...BTW, they charge $20 too, and I asked the same question of them about what they offer.

Bottom line for me: I'm open to anywhere the water is deeper than I am tall. :wink:

My vote would be for Broken Bow, but, like I said, I seriously doubt I can go. My second vote would be Travis. At least it's central which makes it easy to get to from the whole state. For that matter, we could all go to Mammoth, at least that's new to everyone.TwoBit

W/ my schedule, I'd have to agree w/ Two bit r/g Travis and Mammoth -Zn

Like I have mentioned....I will go were folks are diving....have 'station wagon' will travel.

I voted for CSSP, but I'll go where the majority decides.

K-Valve, it's really nice, with covered pavillions/picnic tables available. The camping is extra, there are hot showers available, with indoor toilets near the office/air-fill station area, and porta-potties throughout the park. A great camping/diving experience

Heck, the hot showers alone make it worth $20 to me to overnight there. :D

Back
Top Bottom