TSD May 17-18 UW Cleanup at Lake Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds great. I can be there the 18th, the 17th is prom in Bowie, Tx. I havn't dived since i lived in Kuwait (only a couple times solo back home). Look forward to diving with some swamp divers.

I hope you all continue the trip without me, I am headed to NYC for a week long trip with my parents. I will be out of town that weekend!

Since they are the same weekend, do we want to move this to Tyler?

See the Tyler State Park clean up thread.

The distance is basically the same for me -- I really don't have an opinion. I do know Murray is in need of clean-up is Tyler in the same condition?

Murray is in much worse condition than Tyler. Really we can do Murray anytime and maybe if we wait until say July or August we will have warmer water, and more people. Tyler is a great clean-up and it benefits the children's hospital. PLUS the prizes are great!

So has it officially changed to Tyler? Personally I could care less as long as I can get wet somewhere, it's been way too long.

TYLER IS THE PLACE TO BE AND IF YOU SIGN UP BEFORE MAY 1 YOU WILL SAVE $10 AND GET A FREE T-SHIRT
Trashfest is an environmental awareness and charity fundraiser event sponsored by the staff of ScubaSteve's Aquatic Adventures and the 2008 Divemaster class. Through Trashfest, we clean up Tyler State Park and raise money for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

This year's event will be our fourth annual event, and will feature an expanded two-day schedule with events for everyone, more patients involved in water activities, and more money raised for Scottish Rite! There will be diving, snorkeling and swimming events, as well as a 5K run/walk.

Last years total prize giveaways exceeded $12,000. This years' goal is to increase the amount of giveaways and exceed last years donation to Scottish Rite Hospital. Come out and join us for a great weekend of fun, food and prizes. Have a great time and help out with a worthwhile cause.
SCUBA STEVE'S AQUATIC ADVENTURES ONLINE

It's looking better for me to be there - Lake Murray, that is. I've never been there. If it's Tyler, a bit more iffy. I'm moving to the Ft Worth area (NW of it, more precisely), so unless something prevents this, I'll be there!

I figure 3 singles, my doubles, and I'll dive out my stage bottles too if they haven't been used up.

Can you tell I'd like to get some more bottom time?

I don't think anyone is going to Lake Murray. I am pretty sure they are all going to Tyler State Park. It's worth the drive, it's a great event. We can try and do the Lake Murray clean-up later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom