TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep

Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea. . .

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ic8zMkYwnq8[/video]

Kev -- that was the precessional at Lynne's service.

Bob -- I was, and am, blown away by all those who came.

Yes Peter! "Eternal Father -The Navy Hymn" --A classic & wonderful hymn of Deliverance. . .

Another additional beautiful Recessional Hymn for Lynne
(Choir of All Saints, Honiara Guadalcanal -Solomon Islands):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oUEJFp9L7-4

-----
(This hymn below, written by Frances R. Havergal in 1874, is what the pidgen version above by the Melanesian Choir is loosely based on):
Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.

Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee;
Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.

Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee;
Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.

Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise;
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Rest In Peace Lynne. . .

Last edited:
Kev...well done sir...

Today, Aug. 25, 2015, while on a dive with me, her husband, Lynne failed to surface. The Coast Guard is still searching but it is highly unlikely of a successful rescue.

She had always told me that in the event of her death, she wanted all of the details to be made public. Unfortunately, there aren't any good details -- we had just descended, hit the expected current and then she was gone.

My eyes was in tears when I first read about TS&M disappearance.

I rarely posted but I read Scubaboard a lot, and I really LOVE to read TS&M posts. Never I saw a a discussion becomes heated due to her posts. She has the unique ability to wrote what is in her mind in perfect tone.

My condolences to Peter and his family.
She will be missed. I for sure missed her.

Scubaboard will never be the same without TS&M.

The memorial was very nice, very well done. Like Bob has mentioned it was a full house. I sang the hymns and I wept.

Went diving today. Tajma Ha cavern line jumped to Chinese Gardens. In the morning prior to heading out I checked the cave atlas. The last two condition entries were Lynne's. I thought about her as I played with my light in the halocline.

A tribute article in this month's edition of the Scuba & H2O Adventure magazine ... written by several friends of hers ...

The Legacy of Lynne

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What a beautifully written article about Lynne. Thanks for sharing the link, Bob.

Outstanding article for an outstanding life. Glowing words of praise for deceased people aren't that unusual, but in this case, I believe they are accurate & deserved.

If we all earned an obituary like that, the world would be a better place.

Richard.

My sincere condolences to Lynne's husband, family and friends.I have been away since late Aug so only because of the Legacy of Lynne Flaherty article I happened across today did I realize this was TSandM. I have appreciated and respected her posts for so long. This feels so shocking and so sad though I never knew her in person. I wonder if she had any idea of how impactful she truly had been..even to those of us who never met her.

Reactions: D_B
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom