TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in shock, I only generally frequent the equipment forums and just now stumbled across this very sad news, I can't believe this happened in August last year. Lynne was a very special woman with whom I exchanged numerous PMs about one thing or another. I'm literally lost for words except to say belated condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss Peter and for us members of SB. Years ago I dubbed Lynne the "Resident Buddha" of SB because of her mindful response to posts, never taking bait when offered but always thoughtful and respectful. I will certainly miss her here...wow...

I only found out about this tragedy recently. I was shocked and hoping for some miracle.
Lynne was my go to woman if I had any questions when I was a beginning diver and time after time I got the most helpful and kind replies I could wish for.

I am truly glad that on 8 October 2013 I send this message.

hey I just wanted to thank you for all the good replies on every thread they learned me allot.
if you are ever coming to the Netherlands be sure to let me know I would love to dive with you.

Jord

Thank you for writing -- that kind of note makes my day!

Lynne

I had been away from SB for a while and I am only just now seeing this. What a terrible loss! Lynne was always a fixture and I was wondering why I was not seeing her posts, thinking perhaps she had just given up being a moderator and was taking a break. She always seemed to have time to say something very thoughtful to nearly every post. She was often the positive voice on some contentious threads, always trying to steer things away from the silliness that sometimes crops up due to the impersonal nature of the medium. I can truly say the SB is not the same place without her. Thanks, Lynne for all of the great advice and for helping all of us become better, more tolerant divers and people.

Tom

@jord1990

I would be happy to pick up where Lynne left off and dive with you. I would like to think that I could offer something of value.

I often teased Lynne that she needed to keep her knees higher. She was a raving perfectionist and even this little comment drove her crazy. In fact, she was one of the most skilled divers I knew.... Our connection under water was like we were Siamese Twins. Like we shared the same DNA. I don't know if that means anything to anyone else but it would be an honour to pay that debt forward.

R..

Head this way Diver0001, and we'll go!!
Michael
Tallinn, Estonia!!

I'm an intermittent SB'er, my visits ebb and flow with the approach and passing of dive trips. Through all my years here, there has been one constant, insightful, compassionate presence. I felt the absence before I found out the reason.

I add my prayers to those of our SB community.

Oh no!

I have just seen this.

I haven't been around much and logged on to have a snoop around.

Words can't express shock.

Like other here, I didn't know her, but knew of her.

Nothing else I can say that hasn't been said.

RIP TSandM

I have been missing for awhile here and cannot believe what I am reading....What a loss... Peter I grieve for you so much. I would never open wounds that are only just starting to heal, but I wanted you to know how much I feel the loss of Lynne. Way back when I started lurking around here she was so kind to a newbie. She helped me fix ear issues I was having, and we laughed about the fit of women's gear.......I feel so bad for missing the chance to chat with her one more time.....
To Lynne!!!

I mostly hangout on the Belize forum and only rarely visit the "Passings" page, so I was shocked when I saw this thread yesterday. It's taken me 24 hours to post this without bursting into tears again.

Like so many others, I didn't know Lynne but I was familiar with her posts on the New Divers and Basic Scuba pages from when I was new to scuba and soaking up information like a sponge. I was always impressed with not only her breadth of knowledge but her civility to all. She struck me as a very kind and gentle person, always willing to help and always a voice of reason. I don't recall ever reading a cross word from her.

I am so, so sorry this happened. Rest in peace, Lynne, and God bless.

Dear Peter, I like so many never met Lynne in person but because of her kindness and ecceptance of others she made a great many of us feel very welcome in this sport and part of her "inner circle" which was everyone. I know that you are still grieving and that is to be expected. I do want you to think about this. Lynne passed doing something she loved with someone she loved. When it comes time for us to go you can't ask for a better send off then that. Peace be with you and yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom