TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I am terribly saddened for your loss. She's the reason I got into DIR and learning how to be a better diver.

I haven't had the pleasure to meet her personally but admired her as many here.

A little bit over a month ago we exchanged some PMs, when I bugged her about my trip and she said:
"Oh, you lucky dog! You are going to see some of the most beautiful reef in the world.
Let me know how your trip goes. I really have not seen better reefs anywhere in the world.

Lynne"

After not logging in SB for around 2 weeks, today I wrote my trip report and was about to send her a PM to report that she was right, the reefs are indeed pristine, instabuddies were all over the map, but unlike with her and Peter nobody made fun of my long hose set up. I then saw this thread that left me paralyzed and shocked for a while.

She will be truly missed by the whole community. My condolences to you and family Peter.

As so many others have very eloquently expressed thoughts in Lynn that I too share that I am at a loss as what I could say other than her passing is a terrible loss and that I am sorry. My condolences to Peter and all the other people in Lynn's life.

Lynn, may the currents take you to see the things you have always dreamt about.

With the warmest regard,

Allen

She was a wonderful person who helped/inspired many people. Myself included.

I did not ever meet Lynne, or even PM with her, but I read so many of her posts, and always appreciated how honest and helpful she was. I think she had posted in most of the threads I read!

I definitely heeded her advice recently in booking a Red Sea trip, which we are set to take in late October.

She will be missed here.

My condolences to Peter and to her loved ones and friends.

I just saw the "TS&M's Greatest Hits" thread and could not believe the implication. I came over here and found this thread and read all 42 pages. Like many others, I cannot believe how deeply shocked and sad I am.

From my first day on SB, less than 1 year ago, Lynne always impressed me with her calm, knowledgeable, and kind posts. Even at my most stubborn and argumentative, she never failed to respond with anything other than genuine concern to help - while being really NICE about it at the same time.

Reading Peter's last post in this thread brought tears to my eyes. Thinking about it is doing it again.

I only knew her through SB, but I will miss her. :(

I wouldn't have known Lynne if we bumped into each other in the street.
But her advice on this forum has helped and inspired my diving over the past few years.
Like everybody else here Im pretty upset to read the news of her passing.

Devastating....
Her postings commanded my utter respect and attention not just for her knowledge as a diver but for her self awareness as a person.

A person that could touch the lives of so many people whom never even met her...
We should all aspire to be such a person.

When the ghetto drama of the internet would manifest in a Scubaboard thread, she wrote with a voice that brought calm...
When things got unreasonable her postings brought reason...
When there was supposition and guessing, she brought science...

I couldn't have said it better.

I wish to offer condolences for your loss.

hadn't been on the forum for awhile and just saw this...

like alot of others have expressed she also inspired me to be a better dive and have fun doing it...

my condolences

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom