TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I look down through the passing section of this forum I noticed something that points out just how many people she helped. As I looked through the pages I notice that most threads have a couple hundred views some broke 1000 even saw a couple that hit 3k.

Now this thread here about a sweet kind fellow member has hit well over 30,000 that to me says alot.. she will obviously be missed here

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Normally I don't look at the Passings forum but Lynne was referenced in another thread. I am shocked and saddened by her passing and hope that her family and friends can at least remember her as a great person. Even though I only knew Lynne through SB, she was one of the people that I really wanted to meet in person and possibly dive with. I truly valued her input on SB and will miss her dearly.

I have only read her postings and always found it to be helpful and caring. if I may borrow a quote...

“My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.”
― Richard Adams, Watership Down

Peter... I've just returned from several weeks diving the Red Sea where I had no Internet access. I'm sure I posted in this thread before I left but haven't reviewed the entire thread... a true testimony to the impact Lynne had on many of us here on ScubaBoard. Hopefully you are finding some peace although the hurt never goes away.

I just heard about this and was shocked to read the news. Over the past ten years on SB, I have read many of her posts and she always was a breath of fresh air for sense and reason. I always treated her posts with a reverence few others receive. A very sad event - you will be missed TS&M.

my sincere condolences Peter.

Peter,

You have my deepest sympathy. While I only got to meet Lynne and you two years ago in September 2013, on a day's diving at West Seatle, it was truly my pleasure doing so. I have been following both Lynne's and your's posts since I started to take diving more seriously and more than just an occasional event.

I can honestly say that her reasoning and wisdom has made me a much better diver than I could have ever been without her advise. The world is now at a lost.

As I cannot hold back my tears my prayers go out to you and your family.

Michael

Peter, my heart goes out to you. That is the nightmare scenario for anyone who dives with a spouse or loved one (as I also do). My deepest condolences.
I only knew Lynne through her scuba board posts, but I had great respect for her based on them, and wish I could have dived with her. It's still hard to believe that this could happen to such a careful, squared-away diver. So very sad!

We heard the news from our close friend John in Boulder. Needless to say we were stunned by it. John always had good things to say about you and Lynne. We actually were very tempted to go with you all to Mexico late last year but were unable to do so; we missed our chance to meet and dive with the two of you. It's one thing to lose a dive buddy but losing both your dive buddy and your spouse at the same time puts this in a whole different category. We are sorry for your loss Peter and her loss to the entire Scuba community.

I just came across a post that mentioned Lynne has passed. I then came to this thread hoping that somehow it has all been a mistake.

What a testament to her that people she has never met are shedding tears of sorrow at the news of her passing. I am deeply saddened for Scubaboard has lost such a wonderful voice. She had a rare quality of injecting reason and intelligence in such a way one could never get upset at her post. Even when correcting you she was gentle and kind, never inflammatory. I always enjoyed and will surely miss her posts.

When I had just finished OW classes and had a rather unpleasant experience with a dive club. She sent me a PM and tried to hook me up with a local diver she knew for a dive buddy. Although it didn't really work out, since I had to explain to my wife why a strange email from a local female was in my inbox I was always appreciative she took the time to try and help.

My my sincere and heartfelt condolences to Peter. May God or your faith give you comfort in these trying times.

Psalm 119. My comfort during my suffering is this: your word gives me new life.

While life will go on, it will never be the same. I fear the lights are just a little dimmer without Lynne, aka TSandM

I was surprised to see her name in the missing diver thread and sure all would end well. I am saddened to be wrong. She was a solid voice of reason on the forums and her continuing presence will be deeply missed. Peter, I wish you the best in your time of sorrow and hope it gives you some level of comfort to know she will be deeply missed by many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom