TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter, I am very sorry for your loss.

I never met Lynn, but have read many of her posts. I wanted to meet her and I was hoping to go diving with both of you.

I actually talked to you almost exactly a month ago. I had to travel to Anacortes, Washington for work, but I was going to have some time off on that Saturday. We were not able to get together because you had an equestrian event that weekend. Now I just wish I would have made time and contacted you during one of my earlier trips.

I am so sorry to hear this. I always had the greatest respect for Lynn in my years as a moderator and over the last decade here as a scuba diver. Her recognition of my posts was always a source of pride. She will be missed here on SB where I know she was an inspiration and role model to many. She was on the short list of SB folks I would have made the effort to meet had I ever found myself in the right place.

Peace and prayers.
Pete

I felt the same way.

Last edited:
Thanks Lynne for the great advice you gave me when my son was mugged and beaten before our dive trip. RIP.
Condolences to Peter and family.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm so glad that I only posted once on this thread, just after it happened and it was to express disbelief and support for Peter.

I didn't know Lynne (or Peter) well enough. We lived far away from each other but took the few opportunities we had to meet up. Our contact was mainly online. As dive buddies she and I had an almost audible click. It was magnetic. I honestly believe that she and I had a special bond.

Having read this entire thread, and having heard back from a close friend of hers in Europe who I contacted after she died, I have to say that I'm even more impressed with her now than I was before. He used the same words, "a special bond". It was someone Lynne had been trying to coax me in to meeting for years. We will meet now but after the fact and only as a result of her death. It's too late for her to be proud of that. Add that to my list of regrets.

There are few people in this world who can make everyone around them feel so sincerely special and valued. There are few people whose way of living life serves as an example to us all. There are few people who are so singularly talented in "being alive" that it attracts the rest of us like moths to a flame.

Today I feel a little less like Lynne's "perfect buddy" and more like voice in a chorus, but a chorus of people who have ALL been touched by someone with the skill to show us by example what being a REAL friend means.

R..

Peter you have my most sincere condolences.

This makes me so sad. Lynne was one of the first people to respond to my very first post on ScubaBoard, just one hour after I joined last month. She gave me great advice. I can't believe this. I am truly sorry that I did not get the opportunity to know her better.

Last edited:
Yet another poster who never met her, but I usually found her posts helpful and informative, and I'm very sorry to hear the news. I know none of us is immune, but if I made a list of just a few posters I wouldn't expect this to happen to based on reading their posts she'd be on the list.

Same here. My condolences.... I will miss her.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Lynne, but I am truly saddened to hear this news. She was always quick with a helpful word to those asking for help on this board, so much so that MANY responses from me when someone asked a question was - "Yeah, what Lynne said." That said, I have been a happy recipient of a great deal of advice from her, as well, and for that I am deeply grateful. She will be sorely missed - my most sincere condolences to her family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom