TS Fiona Impact?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T&C Aggressor II, docked in Providenciales. The eye of the storm was probably 60 miles or so east of us.
I'm still amazed that you went,, even tho I've done it trying to outguess the experts. I know a couple who flew into New Orleans last season with a big one approaching expecting to get their parked vehicle and leave, but then had to ride it out waiting on vehicle repairs. Denver is a good place to ride out hurricanes.
Yeah,,us Florida Divers are watching 98L ( Hermine) modeled to be a Cat 2 at 90mph next Thursday.

Still a ways off,,,,but if the model holds, this Saturday should be widespread crowds at the big box stores.
Hermine is now an also-ran off the west coast of Africa. I think you mean Ian who is now expected this coming Wednesday. Denver is still a good idea. Otherwise, I hope you have several gallon jugs of water already.

As I said, Friday evening there was no reason to expect it to grow into the storm it became. I’m sure the Aggressor people would rather not have spent all the extra money and just had us stay home had they known.

Waiting to see how many days we'll be credited with.
Do you mean through insurance? I’m sure Aggressor won’t be giving you any credit toward a future trip, will they?

As I said, Friday evening there was no reason to expect it to grow into the storm it became. I’m sure the Aggressor people would rather not have spent all the extra money and just had us stay home had they known.
I guess I am gun-shy after my close call outguessing experts. I am sure that the planes landing in Cozumel today are full, but I would not be on one with Ian approaching the area.

I remember this night before I left, I was all packed and went to the lobby, ran into people just arriving. I asked if they weren't concerned about the hurricane. The replied "What hurricane?" :eek:

I only hear bad things about Aggressor. None of my money for them.
Be safe.

Do you mean through insurance? I’m sure Aggressor won’t be giving you any credit toward a future trip, will they?
If a trip is interrupted by a named storm they will provide full or partial credit toward a future trip on the same boat. The details are on their site under the Storm Check Program.

If a trip is interrupted by a named storm they will provide full or partial credit toward a future trip on the same boat. The details are on their site under the Storm Check Program.
Did you have Trip insurance? I'd rather have the currency. How long are you going to be in the T&Cs?

I've never purchased trip insurance. I'm back home now. I was able to catch a flight out a day early since we didn't dive on Friday morning.

Received a voucher today for 75% of the cost of the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom