TS Fiona Impact?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TS Fiona or hurricane has zero effect on Cozumel - there is something brewing, Invest 98, in the southern Caribbean though that we all are watching, maybe another four days until we have a better idea.

there is something brewing, Invest 98,

Yeah,,us Florida Divers are watching 98L ( Hermine) modeled to be a Cat 2 at 90mph next Thursday.

Still a ways off,,,,but if the model holds, this Saturday should be widespread crowds at the big box stores.

The spaghetti models for 98 give it chances of going anywhere in the Caribbean and a 70-80% of development. Anyone between Miami and Veracruz without several gallons of bottled water and a solar phone charger should buy now in hopes of only storing.

She made Cat-4 on the other side of the Caribbean, now sending some stormy bands into Bermuda, and is aiming at Canada's Atlantic Provinces in a couple of days.

And there is always that one show-off. "Let's show this 'cane who's who!" Not a good time to lose cabin pressure and dive, but they got away with it. Glad I wasn't onboard.

You might be a little worried about Disturbance 1, 80% formation chance 48 h, 90% 5 days

1663875805722.png

We got one dive in Thursday afternoon but weren't able to stay on the mooring overnight because of the swells and wind. They're thinking the viz won't be back to normal until the middle of nest week. The surge was pretty impressive. I did have a curious reef shark right up in my face, probably wondering what the heck I was doing down there. Waiting to see how many days we'll be credited with.

We got one dive in Thursday afternoon but weren't able to stay on the mooring overnight because of the swells and wind. They're thinking the viz won't be back to normal until the middle of nest week. The surge was pretty impressive. I did have a curious reef shark right up in my face, probably wondering what the heck I was doing down there. Waiting to see how many days we'll be credited with.
Where were you at?

T&C Aggressor II, docked in Providenciales. The eye of the storm was probably 60 miles or so east of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom