TS Fay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good thing you got out of there then - eh? What a horrible place; windy, wet, gray, stormy AND 25 degrees?!?!? I would have left for hurricane country too!

We certainly agree on that- plus I had to be close to my parents who retired to..you guessed it...Charlotte County. :D

For me this storm was like sitting on the pot thinking you're going to do a great dump and all ya do is pass gas.
:rofl3: Oh man, that has me laughing outloud at work! :rofl3:
That does it, I'm having Xavier call you :wink:

Will someone give this storm some directions OUT of my area? We are still being deluged by rain, rain and more rain.
Talk to Becky, I hear Fay asked her where to go to get into the Atlantic (Becky is in GA right now) and the results are now visible...:10:

:rofl3: Oh man, that has me laughing outloud at work! :rofl3:
That does it, I'm having Xavier call you :wink:

Talk to Becky, I hear Fay asked her where to go to get into the Atlantic (Becky is in GA right now) and the results are now visible...:10:

Fay needs a Tom Tom! :rofl3:

Well, my creek which is normally a couple of feet wide and 6 inches deep is now over 20 foot wide! It's about 15 feet from the back door. NOT a good sign.

Well, my creek which is normally a couple of feet wide and 6 inches deep is now over 20 foot wide! It's about 15 feet from the back door. NOT a good sign.
Ah but you have internet! Good time to get caught up on all that old lingering paperwork! :D

Hows the kitty with the wet outdoors??

Hurricane Local Statement for FAY

000WTUS82 KMLB 211253HLSMLBURGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDTROPICAL STORM FAY LOCAL STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL853 AM EDT THU AUG 21 2008...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM FAY REMAINS NEARLYSTATIONARY JUST OFFSHORE THE VOLUSIA COUNTY COAST......AREAS AFFECTED...THIS STATEMENT RECOMMENDS ACTIONS TO BE TAKENBY PERSONS WITHIN EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA....WATCHES/WARNINGS...A FLASH FLOOD WARNING IS IN EFFECT FORBREVARD COUNTY UNTIL NOON.A FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR ALL OF EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA UNTILLATE FRIDAY.A TROPICAL STORM WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR ALL INLANDCOUNTIES WITHIN EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA EXCEPT OKEECHOBEE.A TROPICAL STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR VOLUSIA...BREVARD...INDIAN RIVER AND SAINT LUCIE COUNTIES AND THE ADJACENT ATLANTICWATERS....STORM INFORMATION... AT 800 AM EDT THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM FAY WAS LOCATED NEARLATITUDE 29.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 80.7 WEST OR ABOUT 20 MILES EASTOF DAYTONA BEACH FLORIDA.FAY HAS BARELY MOVED OVER THE LAST FEW HOURS. HOWEVER...A SLOWMOTION TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST IS FORECAST TO BEGIN LATER TODAYAND CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. ON THIS TRACK...FAY ISFORECAST TO MOVE SLOWLY ACROSS THE NORTHERN FLORIDA PENINSULATODAY...AND BE VERY NEAR THE GULF COAST OF THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE BYEARLY SATURDAY.MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS REMAIN NEAR 60 MPH WITH HIGHERGUSTS. SLIGHT STRENGTHENING IS STILL POSSIBLE WHILE THE CENTEROF FAY REMAINS OVER WATER THIS MORNING...BUT GRADUAL WEAKENING ISFORECAST AFTER FAY MOVES BACK OVER THE FLORIDA PENINSULA.FLZ047-054-059-141-147-221300-/O.CON.KMLB.TR.W.1006.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/SOUTHERN BREVARD-INDIAN RIVER-ST. LUCIE-COASTAL VOLUSIA-NORTHERN BREVARD-853 AM EDT THU AUG 21 2008...TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT......NEW INFORMATION...BANDS OF TORRENTIAL RAINS WHICH HAVE IMPACTED EASTERN ORANGE ANDNORTHERN BREVARD COUNTIES EARLY THIS MORNING HOURS HAVE BEGUN TOONE AGAIN INCREASE IN INTENSITY. RADAR ESTIMATES FOR THE LASTTHREE HOURS INDICATE NEAR 2 INCHES OF RAIN NEAR COCOA AND MERRITTISLAND...AND ABOUT AN INCH OF RAIN NEAR BITHLO AND CHRISTMAS. ASFAY TRACKS SLOWLY INLAND TODAY...THE THREAT FOR ADDITIONALFLOODING WILL REMAIN HIGH ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL FLORIDA ASADDITIONAL RAINBANDS DEVELOP NEAR AND SOUTH OF THE STORM CENTERTHROUGHOUT THE DAY.WIND GUSTS TO 45 MPH WILL BE COMMON TODAY...MAINLY IN SQUALLS.PEAK GUSTS UP TO 65 MPH WILL OCCUR...MAINLY ALONG THE COAST OFVOLUSIA AND NORTH BREVARD COUNTIES. RECENT GUST OBSERVATIONSALONG THE COAST OF EXTREME NORTHERN BREVARD COUNTY WERE 55MPH...AND A REPORT WAS JUST RECEIVED OF A 65 MPH GUST ON THE BEACHAT ORMOND BY THE SEA IN VOLUSIA COUNTY.-----------------AN ADDITIONAL 4 TO 8 INCHES OF RAIN WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSSPORTIONS OF CENTRAL FLORIDA BY LATE FRIDAY. EVEN FAR FROM THECENTER AND AFTER PASSAGE OF THE TROPICAL STORM...CONDITIONS WILLREMAIN FAVORABLE FOR BANDS OF HEAVY RAINFALL TO DEVELOP ANDPERSIST FOR SEVERAL HOURS WITH TORRENTIAL TROPICAL RAIN RATES.RESIDENTS THROUGHOUT EAST CENTRAL FLORIDA SHOULD NOT LET THEIRGUARD DOWN CONCERNING THE FLOOD THREAT DURING THE NEXT SEVERALDAYS.

Hows the kitty with the wet outdoors??
The fool cat is out playing in the rain!!! She is sopping wet and doesn't seem to care anymore! This is where it gets scary. She has a Banded water snake by the head and it's trying to escape. These snakes look JUST LIKE a moccasin with the only variation being the shape of the head. I was a bit alarmed and even then, the snake is almost big enough to see her as food. I don't know how she managed it, but I don't give the snake very long to live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom