Trying UK Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all those who are thinking 'huh'? Conor is negative with a 12 steel, no weightbelt, 5mm full length, boots and hood. :confused:

Even if you did leave craters, no-one would have seen em, and next week some OWs or RDs would have filled em in. :D

Sorry about the train timings. The car journey would have taken just as long as the tube (or longer). As it was raining, traffic ground to a halt.

Just got back from sunny jersey.
Did two speciality courses (night and fish aware) temp was 19c.
Great fun but still want to go diving here.
So... when are you goign again?
Sarah

Not sure. Still waiting in eager anticipation (on standby list) for flights to the med. Once I am away, I will not be back till mid September.

Perhaps someone can organise something sooner? I know Phoenix was still keen on a drinks night.

Met Phoenix at Stoney Cove last weekend. 8 - 10°C @ 3xm... (Brrrrrr).

was it only 8 - 10 down therE? damn didnt feel that cold when i was trying to sqeeze through the bottom of the box and everyone turned off thier torches (funny guys)

im away until the 25th August in the US, but I will be arranging some wedesday evening sessions at wraysbury and some drinks sessions of anyones interested!

Yep, I definately felt it. At the time I was debating on wheather I should take my hood with me. Decided to put it on just before descent. At the 20m mark I was well glad I was wearing it and wondering where the sun had gone. By 30m I was well happy with my decision and wondering if we'd reach the Earth's core soon :wink:

Now that I've finished my AOW (yay!), Im up for pretty much whatever, whenever. Although Im in Venice on 23rd-26th...

Finally got flights! Leaving tommorrow and will be away a while.

Be available late September. Arrange something then? Wittering or Selsey anyone? :wink:

Congratulations TX.

I'm open to suggestions for diving, my schedule is a little complicated but if someone suggests a time and place I'll do my best to be there. If anyone is up for a trip out of London to say Guildenburgh on an evening or at the weekend then I'll most likely find a way to be there. I'm not so sure about getting into the sea without a Drysuit though.

On the drysuit front, I am still trying to get my head around the membrane v compressed Neo issues and the ND v Otter debate. I like the look of the ND CNX or Divemaster but have heard bad things about compressed Neo and ND, on the other hand I have heard great things about otter and am tempted by the Brittannic.

To complicate matters further my LDS does the ND range but has none in stock, they will order in and will give a free orientation with the suit. Where as Otter I would have to go through divers Warehouse and buy on line (as I can't get there) and then would have to go back to my LDS and pay for training for a suit I didn't buy from them. Diving is such a political sport.

On a warm water front I may have the opportunity to go to PNG later in the year :)

Conor, I hate you! :angry:

Seriously, you'll love PNG - it's great diving, and it's not just warm water, it's hot :fire: You won't even need a wetsuit, just lycra. Course, that probably means you'll do your wonderful stone impersonation all the time :D

After three days of the wonder that is Wraysbury, I'm looking forward to some real UK diving. So, I'm going to Cornwall for the long weekend with the dive club. The weekend after, I'm doing my drysuit course (back at the muddy puddle) with a borrowed Typhoon nexus, and the weekend after that, it's back to Cornwall to do a wreck spec - maybe in the drysuit as well.

Once I've done the drysuit course I'll look at ordering one all of my ownsome :mean:

TX - congrats on the AOW.

Mid or late September are looking free at the moment - definitely up for another dive before the water freezes over :)

Back
Top Bottom