Trying UK Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not bad prices for W/E.

Must consider this one in the future.

Stoney food? Not after last time! For starters it takes about as long as an airfill to serve and it prolly has enuff grease equivalent to the amount energy required to pump a 12L * 232 BAR...

Arrange something next week? :)

More like my brain freaking out :wacko: :

"Look, I've put up with this breathing underwater thing long enuff, thought it was just a phase, but now you're talking cold water?!?!?!? I'm outta here..."

Rage once bubbled...
Cos it sounds like 'diving withdrawl symptoms' to me... :loopy:

Trouble is, I feel like s***e, but not so s***e that I'm not tempted....

Clootie - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use words like this on this board but ......Actifed....there I said it :)

Hopefully see you all tomorrow

Conor

4 from Scubaboard (+1) attended.

Temperature was about 20°C. Everyone in neoprene survived to tell the tale. :D Visibility was the worst I have ever seen it (or not seen it). Silted out in a large proportion of the lake. Vis ranged from about 8m in undisturbed areas to nothing. I found maintaining contact without physicaly holding on was difficult.
The day ended with drinks at the Perseverance. :cheers:

The days diving was made possible by GlaxoWellcome, Procter & Gamble. :wink:

Conor, Clootie, TX100 - great meeting you guys and hope to repeat the experience another time. Forgot to mention; when I reached the bus I remembered there is a surefire way of getting to the 14m pit. Follow the pipe's & cables of the airlift! They run near the bus & platform all the way into the pit. :fist:

Well, perseverance seemed to be the theme for the day (especially for the 0 vis bit and the pissed bloke sitting next to me on the train but thats another story).

It was a geat day and personally it was great to get to make bubbles again. It was great to meet you all on Saturday and I look forward to doing it again soon (maybe even dragging out some of the other guys that couldn't make it this time).

Also I might visit new to scuba a bit later to sort out my 'weighting' issues, 0 ditchable and still heavy is too weird

20 degrees and not :cold: completely frozen stiff :) Not having a hot shower when I came out was a bit of a shock to my pampered & used to liveaboard self, but the 'light' rain helped rinse off some of the accumulated silt.

Thanks to Rage for pulling it together and to TX100 and Conor for the diving and the occasional following me blindly (literally)

I suggest we re-name Conor "The Stone" :p

Train was a nightmare, missed the first one so ended up on the piss-head express, spent the whole journey trying to stop the guy next to me falling aslepp and collapsing on me.

No the hood served to slow my descent a little, thats about all. which is in itself a bit weird as with the hood the suit traps a lot more air so it is usually difficult to get all the air out at the start of the dive, not so in this case. I was just happy not to have left craters all over wraysbury.

Back
Top Bottom