Trying UK Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conor

with my LDS dive club - I'll PM you the details. It's pretty popular though, so I'm not sure how much space is left.

Conor - Crushed neo is stretchy and if fits right I find is nicer to dive. Membrane is simpler to clean / dry, but I don't like the way air rolls around in it.

The offer of trying mine still stands, but you'll have to wait a while. :D

BTW the sea is warmer (I think) than fresh water.

If I understand it the inland sites warm up and cool faster so at this time of year they may be warmer, unless they are quite deep.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I feel like it has been too long since I made bubbles, I would jump at the chance to get in the water (hint) especially this Sunday (Strong Hint :) )

Have to go to Scotland this weekend for multiple birthday party... families are so inconsiderate, why can't they all be born in January, when I wouldn't mind missing valuable dive time so much

clootie once bubbled...
After three days of the wonder that is Wraysbury, I'm looking forward to some real UK diving. So, I'm going to Cornwall for the long weekend with the dive club. The weekend after, I'm doing my drysuit course (back at the muddy puddle) with a borrowed Typhoon nexus, and the weekend after that, it's back to Cornwall to do a wreck spec - maybe in the drysuit as well.

Where in Cornwall are you going, Clootie? I have friends in Porthleven and there were some other divers staying at the same B&B I was at when I was there.

BTW -- please PM your e-mail addy....I have some pics for you :wink:

Hope you have a lot of fun. Man, I miss you guys already...:(

Went to Stoney last Friday (8th Aug) and boy has it changed!!! Havent been for a while and it was a bit of a shock!!!
Nice and quiet tho' Got in the bottom carpark with no trouble.

Sarahboo ... did you ever find a club you were happy with? I went to one in Dagenham swimming pool and met up with the all of the types of people that I despised when I left the UK 10 years ago.

"Oooh your a xxxxx (insert Certification Agency) diver? ... Well, you will have to do our initiation ceremony" (Insert Blue goldfish gag!)
Pffft!!!!
"Well of course you will have to do a check out dive to see if your skills are any good. Then spend three months doing ditch-and-drop"
"You use one of those new-fangled devices do you? Cant possibly catch on ... what are they called? B-C-D?" "Pass my Fenzy"

Belushi,
I have to say dagenham swimming pool dive club very nearly put my off of diving all together - not a nice bunch!!!
But have joined hammerhead divers. http://www.hammerheaddivers.co.uk/
Seem like a nice bunch - but I've only met them once so far. Joining fee was only 25 pounds so I figured it was worth a risk.
They meet at GORESBROOK (just off the A13 at dagenham) with is very close to me and at CLEMENTS HALL, which I think is closer to you.
They did mock my kit (most of its quite old) but in a nice way.
Sarah

Just spent the long weekend in Cornwall, diving off Chadgwick.... and, sad to say ;-0 , I had an absolutely fantastic time and really enjoyed the dives. You don't get that smell of seaweed in the tropics, or the sight of waving kelp... tides were a new experience too :)

Why, you may ask, is this so sad? Well, that means I now need to get a dry suit (the rental 7mm two piece semi dry did get a teensy bit cold towards the end of an hour in 17 degree C water), and will have to be doing loads more diving. Perhaps my bank manager will be understanding :rolleyes:

Bank Managers seldom understand
Maybe a Divers Bank should be started, the money it could make in interest payments would be great :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom