Trying UK Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh wait, you will be! :D

Having said that Wraysbury sounds like a good place to work on you buoyancy, we good always see if we could devise some games to help practice.
Though shallow water is great for bouyancy training... Imperfect bouyancy and bad(?) finning = can't see jack in Wraysbury.

The local club I visit provide neutrally bouyant hoola hoops (during pools sessions), which hang at different depths. The idea is to swim though the hoop without touching it.

Guys, I may not be able to make it on Saturday ;-0 , at least not for diving, though I'll be up for meeting you afterwards and hearing how much fun you had!

Sadly I've got a sore throat, headache and bad taste in my mouth, and the :doctor: has given me antibiotics for sinusitis :sneeze:. The course is only 3 days, so I may be feeling ok by Saturday *fingers crossed*, but he also said no exercise for one - two weeks, as it's viral. I'm guessing he probably counts diving in cold water as being in the "bad idea" category.

NOT happy :(

I'll see how I'm feeling Friday night, if the head stuff is all cleared up I may come and do one or two dives, otherwise, name the pub!

Cos it sounds like 'diving withdrawl symptoms' to me... :loopy:

Cheer up lass! :alright: Whatever happens we'll see you Sat.

Get well soon! :D

So whats the plan? are we meeting at 9:30 or so? how will we recognise each other and how many are going?

I think the plan is to arrive around 10:15 at wraysbury. I'll PM my mobile to all who are still going tomorrow afternoon.

So far I think it is
Rage
Rage Driver not buddy
Rage Buddy ?
TX
Me
Clootie ? depending on health etc.

I have also mentioned it to a couple of other people but don't know if we'll get any takers.

Someone has to suggest a pub for the re-hydration

Me.
My psychopathic homicidal kleptomanic alter ego.
The Chauffer.
Conor
TX100
Clootie at some point.

Of course anyone else is welcome.

Time is about right. Never driven to Wraysbury direct so...

There has to be a pub down the road in Wraysbury village!

'Moblie' number to be PM'ed...

TX100 - Just come up to the guy who gets mistaken for a Korean all the time and say 'G'day mate'...

might i reccomend the perciverence, its a rather nice pub with a beer garden for nice days, and its about 100 yards from wraysbury (opposite direction to train station)
in regards to the drive, seemed quick enough, we came down the A3 and it was a quick sprint around the M25
took no more than an hour from streatham pool to wraysbury

:D

Thanks for that.

Planning on comming round the A406 then A30.

Looks like I'll be staying at Travel Lodge Nuneaton on the 2nd.

S.
=

up at stoney?
we stay about 20 mins drive away, in the Stage hotel, its a nice 3/4 star place with an onsite gym/pool/sauna/steam room/spa
very essential for the saturday night after a hard day at stoney, shame we go straight home on the sunday, makes monday a pain :)

might see you up there then, im sure we can arrange a meet up time, we can have a chat over a bacon 'cob' lol :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom