Troubling dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humans are so great and so not.

I saw a dead dog (full blown up) with the robe swimming in Bangkoks river....
I almost vomit.

That would freak me out. The robe would be pretty weird, but the swimming part, now THAT would bother me.

People who have the capacity for cruelty to animals often have the same capacity to be cruel to humans as well. This was a loathsome act if it was done out of cruelty. On the other hand, I have read that drowning is a relatively painless way to go (though I have my doubts), and it may have been a misguided attempt at euthanasia on a budget for a beloved pet. Either way, it would have spoiled my dive and my day to find that.

I actually had a customer that claimed she was a dog breeder. She swore to the fact that drowning was the best for euthanasia. While I don't agree with it. When my pet rat was so sick and I could not find it to have him euthanased, she had offered to do this, drown him in a bucket. I declined. I instead kept him as comfortable as I could, hand feeding him for a month until he passed. Every night after work I would go home get him from his cage and lay him on my chest and just hole him. This was the hardest month that I have ever had. Running him back and forth to the vet, into emergancy clinics, spent a lot of money on him, but did not regret this. Not to mention the hours of feeding him, giving him meds, just holding him. I would even take him to work with me so I could keep an eye on him.

That would freak me out. The robe would be pretty weird, but the swimming part, now THAT would bother me.
Wow, I had the same vision. Robed, swimming zombie dogs. :shocked2:

ugly_dog1.jpg

I loathe dogs, and I find this story upsetting :( I don't think you are being too sensitive.

OK...I can handle your wacked out political and social views...but to loathe dogs? Girl there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with you! :no:

Hey, I just saw that dog on the movie; Despicable Me. :D
Wow, what a fugly animal. :shakehead:
Edit: I hope that's not yours.

Face only a mother could love. ggggggg!

Although we will never know the perpetrators motive it is not something I would do even if the dog died of natural causes. I have a backyard full of buried pets from over the years. Some of my dogs have markers on their graves.
I had to put down my 16 year old Golden Retriever last year. I had had her since she was 5 weeks old. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I vowed no more pet after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom