Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It could veer east or west of expectations, but it does it does look very questionable for Sunday dives and pretty rough for ferry rides all day. Just take an off-gas day indoors probably. Hope everything is gone by Monday morning and your viz is good.

I like both!

Aldea Corazon is best enjoyed with that significant other you mentioned. Be sure to get a reservation in the back patio area. The restaurant is actually built over a cenote, and you will be listening to the comforting sounds of trickling waterfalls as you sip a glass of wine and have a fantastic dinner. The staff are incredibly friendly :)

I have wondered in the past, if topside has really heavy rains, whats the effect on the cenotes?

I’ve dived the cenotes during several days of torrential rains and noted the following:
  • Dirty and muddy rain water flows from above ground into the cenotes and visibility is a bit affected, at least in the mouth of the cenote; I think I got an ear infection due to this
  • Light effects are diminished so some normally “bright” cenotes get much darker
  • If there are air pockets that have holes in the rock, rain water will enter through the holes; so if you’re in an air pocket taking in the sights, you’ll be rained on; no big deal just kind of cool
  • Lack of sun seems to make it feel colder in the cenotes, probably because you don’t get to warm up between dives
  • Casa/Manatee cenote - currents are crazy; not pleasant at all

Glass is half full.......I like that!
The one thing I like about it is that it is predicted to bring rain to ATL. We need it.

Aldea Corazon is best enjoyed with that significant other you mentioned. Be sure to get a reservation in the back patio area. The restaurant is actually built over a cenote, and you will be listening to the comforting sounds of trickling waterfalls as you sip a glass of wine and have a fantastic dinner. The staff are incredibly friendly :)

That sounds like a really great restaurant but I'll have to figure out how to get a reservation when we would probably only be going there if the ferry wasn't running. This sounds like the kind of place that might be filled up on a Tuesday night in October. Perhaps on our next trip to Cozumel we'll book a couple of days in PDC.

GOES16-GM-13-1000x1000.gif

Never mind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom