Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel is on the "good" side of Tropical Storm Michael. The worst conditions will be to the ENE. Maybe it will just slide on by without too much turmoil. I'm sure Monday is out, but perhaps conditions will begin to improve on Tuesday.

Here's what I think will happen: by Tuesday afternoon (right before I arrive) the storm will have moved on and be halfway to Alabama by the time I catch the ferry, and the peso will be up to 20:1 by the first time I go to the ATM machine. The birds and the fish will be singing and the sun will be shining and the seas will be calm with 100 foot visibility.

Bizarre.... Orbitz sent me email early this morning that my flights were cancelled.... even got a refund issued. Totally confused.
How odd? Orbitz cancelled your trip rather than allowing you to rebook, and besides - those flights made it ok. United 6010 arrived in Houston 10 minutes early, so the connection to Cozumel would have easily worked: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps/travel/flightstatus/results.aspx

Looks like your cancellations had more to do with the little plane from Baton Rouge than the weather. It's only a 5 hour drive from Baton Rouge to IAH. I think I'd rather drive to Houston than deal with all the potential issues of connecting via small plane operated by a code-share.

Having trouble posting with quotes here. They're finally loading, but took a while. Now I am trying to clean up double posts.

Looks like your cancellations had more to do with the little plane from Baton Rouge than the weather. It's only a 5 hour drive from Baton Rouge to IAH. I think I'd rather drive to Houston than deal with all the potential issues of connecting via small plane operated by a code-share.
Well, his commuter plane made it just fine, but I question your logic. It's 4½ hour drive from my home to DFW, but I'd rather fly out of Lubbock thru DFW. It's the 4½ return drive that would bother me the most.

Plus, it often costs more out of DFW than from LBB.

Port was closed today. No diving. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Actually the first time that has ever happened. I drove over to IAH once, spent the night and flew out the next day but seemed like too much trouble. I am spoiled....I wake up, drive to my local airport and am in Coz by 12:30. No biggie....I'll come down in a couple weeks.

I thought that was the link I have had for a long time but which was not working lately; when I hit the link I got a response in Spanish that said (I think) that the page doesn't exist. It seems that all that happened was that the URL dropped the .html at the end.

Actually the first time that has ever happened. I drove over to IAH once, spent the night and flew out the next day but seemed like too much trouble. I am spoiled....I wake up, drive to my local airport and am in Coz by 12:30. No biggie....I'll come down in a couple weeks.
MSY (New Orleans) is a lot closer to Baton Rouge than is Houston.

Yes, but no direct flights to Cozumel from New Orleans ( or at least none I can find). So I still have to connect someplace.

MSY appears to have UA corporate flights, not code share. That might be a reason it could be a better option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom