Tropical Disturbance Moving Toward Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. I’d still have to drive an hour to MSY, do Park n Fly, bigger airport, longer waits. BTR has me at my gate in 30 min total.

You had a case of serendipity for this trip. Bad weather combined with equipment problems. If the weather wasn't there would you still be ok with your trip being cancelled?

You had a case of serendipity for this trip. Bad weather combined with equipment problems. If the weather wasn't there would you still be ok with your trip being cancelled?

No indeed. I would've been at the airport packed and ready to roll and would have lost my ever loving mind. LOL

Port was closed today. No diving. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
I would enjoy the evening and plan on sleeping in. Windguru is normally accurate 3 days out and very accurate 18 hrs out, if there is a steady to strong wind from the west I doubt the harbor master will open the port. While a Norte is bad, a West wind is even worse.
upload_2018-10-7_19-56-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-7_19-53-8.png
    upload_2018-10-7_19-53-8.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 25
Well, the storm has in fact materialized and is now Tropical Storm Michael moving through the channel between Cuba and the Yucatan. I am 99.9% certain the port will be closed tomorrow again - but we should be back on schedule for Tusday.

@kicker - looks like God smiled on you :)

Well, the storm has in fact materialized and is now Tropical Storm Michael moving through the channel between Cuba and the Yucatan. I am 99.9% certain the port will be closed tomorrow again - but we should be back on schedule for Tusday.

@kicker - looks like God smiled on you :)

God loves idiots, lawyers, and scuba divers.... and looks out for idiotic scuba diving lawyers.

God loves idiots, lawyers, and scuba divers.... and looks out for idiotic scuba diving lawyers.
I hope you still ask Orbitz why they lied to you about your original flight being canceled since it arrived Houston early.

It looks like Michael is going to be a real achiever progressing to Cat-2 before hitting Florida or nearby, and could even drown the Carolinas again this week before he heads out to look for icebergs in the far north Atlantic. Poor Leslie has been so confused in the past and now is headed back towards the African waters where many of the worst storms originally form.

Weather Underground makes it look prettier in purple :p

Screenshot_2018-10-08-10-31-08.png

Question, in a venn diagram, what do you think is the overlap between idiots and lawyers? [DISCLOSURE, I have been a licensed lawyer for 36 years now, and in my experience the overlap is higher than one might think.]. And what do you think is the overlap between idiots and scuba divers? [Just a guess, but I think it’s smaller than the overlap between idiots and lawyers.]

Back
Top Bottom