Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
I hereby volunteer to be flown to Mexico, at your expense, to spend several meals with you, at your expense, for the express purpose of evaluating your table etiquette. I promise to produce a full report for those on scubaboard, including photos. :D Scott, you too.

With all those Delta Sky Miles that Larry has, he could easily hook us up with tickets!!!

I know a few dealers in Mexico that I'm sure I could trade dive gear for dive trips!!!

When do we leave, Larry????

:D

ScottZeagle:
With all those Delta Sky Miles that Larry has, he could easily hook us up with tickets!!!

I know a few dealers in Mexico that I'm sure I could trade dive gear for dive trips!!!

When do we leave, Larry????

:D
I'M Ready!!!!!!
I've got passport and a digital camera.
I'll buy a toothbrush there.

This is my first post here, and with any luck I will try to make it a good one.

I purchases the Triple L Orion back inflate for myselfe a while back to replace the malabu that would not fit over my new drysuit. When it arrived I was asonished at the quality of the product which at that time only ran me $155 USD including shipping. After the first dive I was hooked. This was the smoothest inflator I have ever used. With 55lbs of lift, and one of the most comfortable backplates I have ever dove with, this was a winner.

I have since purchased the Stratos BC for my wife and the Laguna wheeled bag for myself. All of which were extremely well made and of the highest quality. The stratos out performs the Aqualung Pro QD by a mile (per my wife).

Some may say I am just cheap and should support my local dive shop. I do, believe me, but when I was tapped for cash and came across the Orion, I found one of the best products I have ever dove with. I highly reccomend Triple L products.

startag:
I was reading someone's post about buying Triple-L Exposure suits and that their prices are really cheap so i took a look seeing as I had nothing better to do. I've never heard of this Company and I know nothing about it really other than what I saw on the web-site. Obviously I was pretty shocked when I saw the features on some of these BC's and the corresponding prices. It really seems too good to be true for someone like myself who's looking to replace my BC but ive got a shallow wallet right now.

Now I know what you're all thinking - saving a buck isn't worth risking your life - and i agree whole-heartedly. But these guys are talking about sponsoring Nuno Gomes and his crew on a record breaking deep dive attempt later this year. If someone is gonna trust their life with this kind of equipment then it seems to me one of two things 1) the stuff must be worth a look at or 2) he doesn't enjoy living as much as I do.

Basically what I'm getting at here as I ramble on is: Has anyone heard of the stuff? tried it? know someone who's tried it? and how does it compare to other stuff on the market?

Here's the site
http://www.triple-l.biz/

The record attempt part is worth a look as well as the products and the prices...

Both daughters dive Triple-L BCs...no inflator or any other problems yet.

QUETZAL--

A few tips on deflating orion:

1) Try flipping upside down and releasing the lower dumps.
2) Try angling your left shoulder up, so that the upper dump is at the highest point of the bc.
3) My initial issues with Orion bouyancy were cured by using an appropriate amount of weight. Appropriate reads: calm down to the point you could sit on the bottom and take a nap. Take weight out until you get to the weight you really "need". For me, it was just getting bouyancy fundamentals right. At that point, the BC became VERY 'natural'.

For those of you (CHUD, Moogyboy, MZypher maybe) who have the Triple-L Orion BCD, and who may have been driven crazy by the elastic strap over the cummerbund... I think I've found a cheap and easy solution.

I ordered some 1-1/2" flat nylon webbing (about a foot and a half would more than do), and a couple of 1-1/2" nylon slides. About $1.50 worth of materials.

I then removed the existing elastic strap -- destructively, I'm afraid; the sucker was sewn on good.

I used one of the sliders to attach the webbing to the left side pocket oblong loop; threaded the webbing through the male part of the buckle; then used the other slider to secure the D-ring to the loose end of the webbing.

This webbing I got is pretty stiff; it's heavier than the original webbing on the BCD, and it's not sliding easily through the buckle. But that may not be bad... it's looser when it's wet, and I assume it'll loosen up a bit more with age as it softens.

It sure doesn't stretch or slip too easily through the buckle anymore!

It would be less clunky -- and completely secure -- to get the webbing heavy-duty stitched at either end, instead of using the sliders. But this should certainly do.

Oh, another minor (I hope) disadvantage... the strap obviously only pulls from one side. I'd prefer if it pulled to both sides from the center buckle, like the sternum strap does. But I think I can live with that.

I tried to upload a photo here, with no luck. If you're interested, PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you one.

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom