Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the explanation Jack, I'm a computer person, so retail isn't one of my forte. I'll accept that it would be a losing proposition to send a customer a single crotch strap. That being the case, how much would it cost to send out 10, or maybe even 20? Or, at what point could I purchase them at a wholesale price (not that it would be much of a savings off an already inexpensive piece). I wonder if I could get a group of us together, buy some of these things, and then ship them out to each member. Here is what I am thinking (not sure if this could work):

10 - $3.50 straps $35.00

Shipping Fees Est. $12.50

Total $47.50

Cost Each $4.75

Reship Fee Est. $3.50

Handling Fee Est. $0.25

New Cost Each $8.50

The handling fee would pay for a few rolls of tape, etc.

Would others be interested in this?

Charley

CharleyT:
I too wish they had some policy on minimum orders. I purchased an Orion from a Triple-L customer who it did not fit, then ordered some other things from them (totally more than $35). Now, I'd love to have the crotch strap, as it looks like it would help with the "riding up" I have on occasion.

Charley

My wife has an Orion and she added a DiveRite crotch strap. It attaches in the front to a clip that is connected to a loop which slip onto the front strap (the one that is in fron tof the cumberbund. While it's not as good as attaching to the jacket directly, as the Triple-L design does, it does work. The crotch strap was $6 from LeisurePro. I'm not sure what their policy is concerning minimum order since we were ordering other stuff at the same time.

Sirto:
My wife has an Orion and she added a DiveRite crotch strap. It attaches in the front to a clip that is connected to a loop which slip onto the front strap (the one that is in fron tof the cumberbund. While it's not as good as attaching to the jacket directly, as the Triple-L design does, it does work. The crotch strap was $6 from LeisurePro. I'm not sure what their policy is concerning minimum order since we were ordering other stuff at the same time.
Thanks. Saw that LP has straps, but I'm not opposed to paying a couple of extra dollars to get the Y-style that Triple-L has.

I don't see anything on LPs site about minumums, nor shipping charges, but would assume they'd charge at least a few dollars to ship a strap.

Charley

hey hey hey

My Stratos in size L came yesterday. I had a chance to try it on briefly before I had to drive off to a gig in Akron. You may remember the XL was REALLY huge on me. Happily, the L fit almost perfect straight out of the box. I say "almost" because there is still a very slight feeling of being too big, but I'm basing that on my old BC which was pretty form-fitting to the point of being borderline too small. Here, the sides of the BC come around to perhaps 2"-3" on either side of my navel, so it wraps around me. I'm guessing this is probably what a BC is supposed to feel like. With no shirt on it felt pleasantly roomy with enough space to move around in, and the cummerbund was, hallelujah, ample and secure with plenty of room for adjustment if it needs it. I don't think it will blow on me stepping off a boat--the real test, tho, is using it with my 6.5mm suit. I was only concerned a little by the space behind my arms, but after all BCs aren't made of spandex. Build quality is solid, nice tough-feeling nylon fabric, lots of D-rings that I'll probably never use but what the hey. Decent power inflator thingie, just need to get used to the buttons. I see what you all mean by that elastic strap that holds the front together; it is a little insubstantial-seeming at first but with sideways tension it seems to do its job. At any rate it's better than what my Nautica has. I have yet to figure out how the weight pockets and those yellow T-handle thingoids work. Lots of velcro on this BC, nice sticky new velcro.

Next test: in the water. Maybe if my dive club is still doing that first-Friday-of-the-month thing at our LDS, or a Christmas party. Gotta get this thing wet.

So far things are looking good. Stay tuned.

cheers

Billy S.

Jack Cummins:
OK, you win...

No, I didn't "win" anything nor did I seem to get my point across...
I am not trying to be a smartass in any way but is English your first language? because a common thread here seems to be how both sides are reading into what the other side is saying. While it is true there is no way to "hear" how someone means something in an email or chat it is also true that it is possible to convey meaning with words so care must be taken how things are written out since you don't have the tone of voice and other clues to guage the meaning. You were quick to jump on marek for accusing you of having a "terse" reply, yet a lot of the stuff I have seen you write in this thread comes across as harsh so maybe the problem is in the way you are communicating. Keep in mind that it is you who are running a business not me, if you think I am an *sshole then it is no great loss to me, If I think you are an *sshole then I don't buy anything else from you, which may or may not be a great loss to you short term but that kind of thinking can't be good for a business.

Would others be interested in this?

yeah, I would pay $10.00 or so for a strap if you went through the trouble to do this (don't short yourself too much, boxing and shipping these things will take up your time.
Be careful though, there seems to be a lot involved with shipping these things so your costs may skyrocket to $20 or $30 bucks apiece before you know it :11ztongue

plankspanker:
yeah, I would pay $10.00 or so for a strap if you went through the trouble to do this (don't short yourself too much, boxing and shipping these things will take up your time.
Be careful though, there seems to be a lot involved with shipping these things so your costs may skyrocket to $20 or $30 bucks apiece before you know it :11ztongue
I'll talk to the wifey tonight, as she was the one doing all the boxing of things. :) If she'll assist (read do the work haha), I'll post a new thread and see how many we can get.. You don't think $10 would be to much? Then again, maybe giving her $1.00 for her troubles wouldn't be a bad thing. Like my pockets, I'll probably keep a spare, just in case.

Charley

If it's a single crotch strap that you're mailing, can't you just use the USPS Priority Mail flat-rate envelopes? No messing with getting boxes or tape. And it's a good mail rate.

Actually, I'm thinking of getting some items from Triple-L soon, and can order a few crotch straps for people on this board. So there is no need to order 10 crotch staps.

ae3753:
If it's a single crotch strap that you're mailing, can't you just use the USPS Priority Mail flat-rate envelopes? No messing with getting boxes or tape. And it's a good mail rate.
No clue what these bad-boys look like. Thanks for the idea though, I'll look into that as an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom