Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
Those of you who got Orion's, how do you feel about its compactness for travel?

Gregg

It's a bit on the bulky side but so are many others including my Mares Dragonfly. My wife and I just returned from a trip where we each brought along one suitcase for all our dive gear excluding the regulators that went with our carryon luggage. Everything fit but it was pretty close to 50 pounds. You may need to watch the weight carefully as airlines will charge extra if a bag exceeds 50 lbs on domestic flights.

Ed

The Orion is not very compact. But isn't that bad either. The only major problem is the size of the bladder (I have the XL). Maybe if you removed the bladder for travel and completely compressed it..............

Joe

Hi everyone. I was just wondering, would the X-tra large bladder fit on the Large Harness? Does anybody had the chance to see if the shoulder strap would fit if you're using an x-tra large bladder on a large harness?

Their website has a chat feature that allows you to talk to their representatives. I used it and they answered my preliminary questions. Go to their online store and the link is right there (I think).

Take care,
Joe

JustJoe:
Their website has a chat feature that allows you to talk to their representatives. I used it and they answered my preliminary questions. Go to their online store and the link is right there (I think).

Take care,
Joe
The Triple-L chat feature is, I think, the only part of their operation that I didn't like when I was purchasing my Stratos BC recently. I logged on to ask about how the BC was supposed to fit with its unusual elastic strap over the cummerbund -- their products are pretty well-known for being on the large size, even going by the charts, and I wanted to be reassured before I got the BC wet and non-returnable. All the rep said was basically a terse "if it's the wrong size, you can exchange or return it." Yeah, for a $35 re-stockage fee plus shipping...

I'd be interested in hearing how good their sizing advice to najibest will be...

--Marek

Marek K:
The Triple-L chat feature is, I think, the only part of their operation that I didn't like when I was purchasing my Stratos BC recently. I logged on to ask about how the BC was supposed to fit with its unusual elastic strap over the cummerbund -- their products are pretty well-known for being on the large size, even going by the charts, and I wanted to be reassured before I got the BC wet and non-returnable. All the rep said was basically a terse "if it's the wrong size, you can exchange or return it." Yeah, for a $35 re-stockage fee plus shipping...

I'd be interested in hearing how good their sizing advice to najibest will be...

--Marek

Dear Marek,

I normally let these conversations go on without stepping in, but this one I gotta add my 2 cents. How could you possibly know that the reply you got was 'terse'. Did you hear it? The reply was pretty straight forward and neutral. As you may know, there are a lot of people wanting to chat at the same time and the operator has to be brief, answer the questiona s quickly as possible and go on to the next customer. I also, don't see anywhere within the quotation marks that anyone asked for a $35 restocking fee. Looks like something you assumed. If you're going to report on something, pls stay objective and don't be putting words in people's mouths or describing a sound you never heard.

Jack Cummins

Jack Cummins:
Dear Marek,

I normally let these conversations go on without stepping in, but this one I gotta add my 2 cents. How could you possibly know that the reply you got was 'terse'. Did you hear it? The reply was pretty straight forward and neutral. As you may know, there are a lot of people wanting to chat at the same time and the operator has to be brief, answer the questiona s quickly as possible and go on to the next customer. I also, don't see anywhere within the quotation marks that anyone asked for a $35 restocking fee. Looks like something you assumed. If you're going to report on something, pls stay objective and don't be putting words in people's mouths or describing a sound you never heard.

Jack Cummins

Jack,

Does that mean there is no longer a restocking fee on returned items? Because if that is the case your website doesn't reflect that.

Restocking Fee:

A $35.00 restocking/return fee will be applied to all returns for refund if it is determined the return is the result of your error.
UNQUOTE

Rickg

rickg:
Jack,

Does that mean there is no longer a restocking fee on returned items? Because if that is the case your website doesn't reflect that.

Restocking Fee:

A $35.00 restocking/return fee will be applied to all returns for refund if it is determined the return is the result of your error.
UNQUOTE

Rickg

We charge a re-stocking fee just like every other business in the world does, if it is determined the customer is at fault for the return. It's an industry standard. Every online business expects the customer to do due diligence BEFORE buying. That means he/she will read everything in the website that might affect his/her purchase - the fine print. What are the shipping terms, the return terms, the warranty, etc. We don't expect the customer to place an order thinking they will be able to 'try on' the product. That's the trade-off the customer makes when buying online. You get the nice, low online prices, but you don't get to try the goods on - that's the 'deal'. I also would like to point out (check the quote), nowhere in what I wrote previously does it say we have eliminated our re-stocking fee. I re-iterate what I first wrote to Marek: stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I also, don't see anywhere within the quotation marks that anyone asked for a $35 restocking fee. Looks like something you assumed. If you're going to report on something, pls stay objective and don't be putting words in people's mouths or describing a sound you never heard.

nowhere in what I wrote previously does it say we have eliminated our re-stocking fee. I re-iterate what I first wrote to Marek: stop trying to put words in my mouth.

wow, you have amazing customer service skills! Your hostile and defensive comments make me want to rush right out and support your company!
I do own some triple-l products and they are decent products and I am happy with them but I hope I never have to deal with any support issues if you are any indication of who I would deal with.

I have dealt with Jack on two separate purchases and both times his customer service has been exceptional. When there is an issue that the customer is not at fault, there is no stocking fee. I have confidence in their product because of Jack's customer service, and not the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom