Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATE, as Robert Stack used to say...

The Stratos arrived two days after I ordered. Triple-L's promptness is VERY impressive.

They're not kidding about extra large by the way. The Stratos in XL is huge on me, Physically the thing is impressive, great looking build quality and such, but I wasn't gonna be able to use that behemoth. I emailed Triple-L and their sales rep Jack Cummins was real quick to get back to me--real friendly helpful guy. I arranged to UPS the thing back and get it exchanged for an L.

Only pout-inducing thing is that I'll incur a $35 restocking fee and $25 shipping, on top of the $17 or so for the UPS 2nd Day Air. So the total hurt adds up to $237.

In other words, $77 down the toilet because I wanted to make sure the thing would be big enough. My mistake, not theirs. Dang me. If the L is too big I'll be flummoxed.

SO

Word of wisdom: make damn sure of what size you need so you don't have to return/exchange.

More of this adventure in the next episode.

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
I am about 5'9", 230 lbs, appx 38" waist and a fairly broad chest and shoulders (approximating with a regular flat ruler, I got about a 48" chest measurement!). I ordered the XL because, among other things, my current BC is an XL and fits well with a 3mm wetsuit, but is tight with my 6.5mm fullsuit, and the cummerbund comes apart either way, so I decided to play it safe and hope the new one is as adjustable as they say it is. :) We shall see.

cheers

Billy S.

If anyone in the Dallas or Austin TX area happens to order from these folks, please let me know. They now have (or I just noticed they had) a crotch strap for my Orion (which I love BTW). Would like to order one, but alas, it's $3.25 and their minimum is $35.00.

Charley

Ugh, I just ordered from them. . .I'll check if they shipped or not. . .

ae3753:
Ugh, I just ordered from them. . .I'll check if they shipped or not. . .
Thanks. If they'll let you add it on, that would be lovely. A friend of mine owns Austin Aquariums, and he comes up to Dallas about 1-2 a month, so could get it from him if you can.

Charley

Charley, just got off the Triple-L's LiveChat with Jack. He said that it hasn't been shipped, but it's been picked up and can't be change. Sorry.

As for crotch strap, have you tried using Dive Rite's? Theirs are very reasonable priced, and I used one on my Ranger (instead of buying Zeagle double wing crotch strap). Or you can just buy some webbing at a fabric store or marine store, and make your own.

ae3753:
Charley, just got off the Triple-L's LiveChat with Jack. He said that it hasn't been shipped, but it's been picked up and can't be change. Sorry.

As for crotch strap, have you tried using Dive Rite's? Theirs are very reasonable priced, and I used one on my Ranger (instead of buying Zeagle double wing crotch strap). Or you can just buy some webbing at a fabric store or marine store, and make your own.
Thanks for trying. I think the Dive Rite is only 2-ended isn't it? The Orion needs 3 (one rear, two front/side). I might just make my own. TBH, I don't know for sure that I need one, but for the $3.25 wouldn't have minded giving one a try.

Charley

I'll be down your way this weekend, had hoped to go diving, but have a cold. ;/

CharleyT:
Thanks for trying. I think the Dive Rite is only 2-ended isn't it? The Orion needs 3 (one rear, two front/side). I might just make my own. TBH, I don't know for sure that I need one, but for the $3.25 wouldn't have minded giving one a try.

Yep, Dive Rite's is 2 ended. The Orions and Zeagles are the same style, since I think they attatch to the lower D rings (one left and one right). The Dive Rite one's front attaches to your belt. If you can move your buckle over to the left or right, then you can slip the crotch strap over the buckle and have it centered.

But, if you aren't sure you need one, you probably don't. My Ranger and TransPac would ride up on me without one. It was pretty obvious that I needed one. My dive buddy could barely keep her regs in her mouth when she saw me. So sad when your wife laughs at you . . .

ae3753:
Yep, Dive Rite's is 2 ended. The Orions and Zeagles are the same style, since I think they attatch to the lower D rings (one left and one right). The Dive Rite one's front attaches to your belt. If you can move your buckle over to the left or right, then you can slip the crotch strap over the buckle and have it centered.

But, if you aren't sure you need one, you probably don't. My Ranger and TransPac would ride up on me without one. It was pretty obvious that I needed one. My dive buddy could barely keep her regs in her mouth when she saw me. So sad when your wife laughs at you . . .
No way to move the rings that I can tell. But I've done 17 dives with the Orion, and it's really not that big of a deal. Maybe if I lose some more weight (I need to haha) it might be, but for now my belly seems to keep it in it's place. :)

CharleyT:
No way to move the rings that I can tell. But I've done 17 dives with the Orion, and it's really not that big of a deal. Maybe if I lose some more weight (I need to haha) it might be, but for now my belly seems to keep it in it's place. :)

My wife has the Orion and used the DiveRite crotchstrap without a problem. It has a loop that slips over the buckle near the cumberbund. The crotchstrap attaches to that loop using a plastic clip.

The Dive Rite strap is available from Leisurepro.com

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom