Trip review Tres Pelicano's and Palmar Condo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Trip Review: May 29 – June 8, 2016

It has been awhile since I submitted a trip review, however, after many visits over the past 15 years I did experience a few new things that I found to be fun and refreshing !

Arrival: Our flight from Houston, IAH, was a very quick, non-stop two hour flight and upon landing in CZM it was no time at all before we were on our shuttle to our lodging. For more details on Arriving and Departing the CZM airport please see the updated “Sticky” on the Cozumel forum.

Lodging: My husband and I, with another couple, stayed at the Palmar condo's, Unit 6E. This is the second Palmar visit for DH and I and again we once again found the facility and location an excellent choice. The two bedroom unit is well equipped with a large kitchen, MBR and second bedroom with en suite bathrooms. There is also an extra ½ bath and laundry room. The balcony is large and faces the ocean. It is equipped with 4 chaise lounges as well as a large table and chairs. Since our touring days are behind us we were very satisfied to remain at the condo and enjoy the very large swimming pool for our off time from diving. We did make one trip to Buccano's to enjoy the beach for one of our off days. Palmar condo's are perfect for two couples or a family.

Meals: We made a grocery run on our arrival day to stock up on food and supplies for our 10 day stay. We also visited the small convenience store located at street level in front of the condo for incidentals. This small store is well stocked for whatever you may have forgotten or need to replenish. We did dine out on a few occasions, however, many easy to prepare homemade meals were enjoyed at the condo as well. It was perfectly fine to come in after a morning of diving, clean up and simply settle in for the rest of the day. Not having to go out all of the time was very relaxing. However, we did enjoy a couple of visits to Cielo Lindo for THE MOST FANTASTIC Pork Shank and Coconut Shrimps. Of course, the visit would not have been complete without a visit to La Choza for shrimp fajita's and Sorrisi's for Spaghetti en crusta and Caesar salad with house made dressing.

Diving: For this trip we chose to dive with Tres Pelicanos. What a delightful experience from booking the trip to the very last dive day. Jeanie was very quick in responding to our questions and the entire staff exceeded our expectations. Check in and check out was easy and quickly done at the dive shop in town. We dove off of the Skinny Shark with Divemaster Jorge for our entire trip which totaled 15 dives. The boat has a very nice cover, is roomy and fast. We had the pleasure of meeting 6-10 divers on board and never felt crowded. There was plenty of room to sit, visit with our new friends, store and manage equipment. Due to the speed and well maintained boat, visits to the southern most dive sites on Columbia as well as one trip to Maricaibo were easily accomplished. Transportation to and from the condo to the marina was arranged by the dive shop with pick up and delivery to and from our condo. Our equipment was managed by the dive shop and was waiting for us on the boat upon our morning arrivals. Refreshments and surface interval snacks were provided daily. We especially enjoyed being able to dive our own profile and computer air limits with 60-80 + min dive times. Our Aluminum 80 tanks had excellent fills for all dives. Thankyou to the entire Tres Pelicanos crew for your excellent service !

Overall: Our trip was a success and a wonderful new experience that I look forward to repeating !!

Double S

Last edited:
Thanks Sue! I know I've seen the Palmar before, but I forget... Where is it again? Is it on the ocean or across the street? I'm getting ready to plan my next trip, been 8 loooong months!

DebDeb

It was great to dive with all of you. Your evaluation of Tres Pelicanos is spot on...as are your comments on Cielito Lindo...Yummy Pork Shank and Coconut Shrimp

Cheryl

Hi Kixy1, Palmar condo is the property just North of Park Royal. It is on the East side of Melgar.

Cheryl, It was awesome diving with you and yours. And thanks for your suggestion to go to Cielito Lindo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom