Amazing Time Diving With Tres Pelicanos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday Jose's group off the Skinny Shark spotted a Hammerhead off Santa Rosa. Jose estimates 12-13 foot.
I wonder if it's the same one we saw off Colombia Deep. I thought about 10' but others on our boat said 4 meters.

Is it Jorge Marti working with 3 P's?

Quick trip for the weekend to drop off a prop but I was able to get two days of diving in. Wasn’t able to see a Hammerhead myself but there are about 25 less Pez Leon in the area

Is it Jorge Marti working with 3 P's?
No, neither Pony or I know a Jorge Marti. Since many folks use nicknames and I may not know their given names I may be acquainted but he does not work at 3P

They have had some changes since Covid, but I think the team that 3P has now is great -- both good with newer divers and also letting more experienced divers just "dive their dive". And as mentioned above they've really been great at finding little things like seahorses and tiny juvenile frogfish, etc. Hope you have a great trip!
Rob9876-- we have had some changes since the covid epidemic. We still operate on the same schedule and business model that we have since we started just over 10 year ago. When you contact us you will first get a quick response from Jeanie. She handles all reservations, diving and also some hotel reservation. She works with a few hotels --Casa Mexicana, Quinta Suites, Villa Blanca, Barracuda, Casa Lotus, Villa Las Anclas and Hotel Cozumel.
We have had changes in our Dive Masters. Jorge the Tri Athlete- left just after Covid to start his own business. Edgar also did the same. Fortunately we were able to keep Jose and George (we call him George to avoid confusion with the previous Jorge). Jose is both a DM and instructor. George is a terrific DM and also a boat captain. Both relish the finding of Sea Horses and the smaller critters but still get excited to see sharks, turtles and eagle rays. Although their personalities are different from our previous DM's, they guide a safe enjoyable dive experience.
Chan Fran is still boat captain and we have also added Tiburon. The Skinny Shark is still the queen of our small fleet, with the Loan Shark second in line. We have also added the Sexy Shark. All three boats are National Park permitted to operate in the Marine Park. They all have the signature orange paint, with the shark mouth painted on the bow.
So other than two different DM's, a third boat and one new boat captain, Tres Pelicanos operates the very same as when we started. We want our clients to dive their computers and get the most bottom time they can safely. Our company mantra has never changed---"Tres Pelicanos is building our business one satisfied diver at a time."

Back
Top Bottom