Trip Report - Saparua / Indonesia - CAPEPAPERU Resort & Spa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have just left this marvelous resort.

In 2016, I started to organize and choose my scuba diving vacation for 2017. I had a list with several sites and Ambon or Banda Sea just appeared!

I made some research and your resort showed up on Saparua Island, which I never heard of. The revues were very good but there was not a lot of information on the resort.

There were few visitors videos and very little information on the diving quality.

So, I took a chance, contacted the resort and made a reservation.

After a very very long trip from Lisbon (Lisbon/Frankfurt/Singapore/Jakarta/Ambon), and an additional one hour car drive and one hour boat drive, I finally reached my destination.

On the boat, I began to notice the beauty of this region. Very few people on the islands and untouched nature.

I was welcome with a flower necklace and I noticed how nice and efficient Elien and Kurt are!

After being told how the resort works and having a piece of cake and natural fruit juice, I went to my villa.

The rooms are an independent house with a huge sleeping area and a bathroom. All of them with very good taste in decoration with local products.

I had my first dinner in the company of Eliane and Kurt.

The food is very well cooked with quality.

The next day, I made the 3 first dives: UAUUUUUU

I am at the right place with an unimaginable beauty of sea floor, untouched corals with tons of fish.

Usually there were 2 dives in the morning, after having an excellent breakfast, served by a very nice staff, always smiling, and an afternoon dive, around 3 pm or a night dive.

They were always on time, at the booked time, and the boat would depart after a briefing on the dive. The diving centre staff handle everything and they even carried my equipment to the boat. The boats were in excellent condition. All I had to do was enjoy the dive.

The best dives were next to Molana Island (a small inhabitated Island within a 20 minute boat drive).

At the resort there is a small beach, a swimming pool and a spa… with a staff of 60 people, making sure that everything functions and with great taste.

I can say these were, by far, my best diving vacation. This is a place I would like to come back, with my family.

I will find it difficult to find a site like this one. This is a little piece of paradise that Eliane and Kurt found and they try to make it better every day.

I must thank them for this superb week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ppina/albums/72157678641941362/with/32351503714/

I have just left this marvelous resort.

In 2016, I started to organize and choose my scuba diving vacation for 2017. I had a list with several sites and Ambon or Banda Sea just appeared!

I made some research and your resort showed up on Saparua Island, which I never heard of. The revues were very good but there was not a lot of information on the resort.

There were few visitors videos and very little information on the diving quality.

So, I took a chance, contacted the resort and made a reservation.

After a very very long trip from Lisbon (Lisbon/Frankfurt/Singapore/Jakarta/Ambon), and an additional one hour car drive and one hour boat drive, I finally reached my destination.

On the boat, I began to notice the beauty of this region. Very few people on the islands and untouched nature.

I was welcome with a flower necklace and I noticed how nice and efficient Elien and Kurt are!

After being told how the resort works and having a piece of cake and natural fruit juice, I went to my villa.

The rooms are an independent house with a huge sleeping area and a bathroom. All of them with very good taste in decoration with local products.

I had my first dinner in the company of Eliane and Kurt.

The food is very well cooked with quality.

The next day, I made the 3 first dives: UAUUUUUU

I am at the right place with an unimaginable beauty of sea floor, untouched corals with tons of fish.

Usually there were 2 dives in the morning, after having an excellent breakfast, served by a very nice staff, always smiling, and an afternoon dive, around 3 pm or a night dive.

They were always on time, at the booked time, and the boat would depart after a briefing on the dive. The diving centre staff handle everything and they even carried my equipment to the boat. The boats were in excellent condition. All I had to do was enjoy the dive.

The best dives were next to Molana Island (a small inhabitated Island within a 20 minute boat drive).

At the resort there is a small beach, a swimming pool and a spa… with a staff of 60 people, making sure that everything functions and with great taste.

I can say these were, by far, my best diving vacation. This is a place I would like to come back, with my family.

I will find it difficult to find a site like this one. This is a little piece of paradise that Eliane and Kurt found and they try to make it better every day.

I must thank them for this superb week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ppina/albums/72157678641941362/with/32351503714/

Is this the website?

Resort

Did they have 24-hour electricity? Aircon? How comfortable were the beds? Describe the ladders and boat entry / exit.

I am an older guy now, and I need to take my gear off in the water, and have help for someone to put it on me, I sometimes struggle with ladders, so that's why I am asking.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Is this the website?

Resort
Yes.

Very comfortable rooms and beds with fan and air conditioning.

During my stay, there was there a handicapped man who always got assistance both in and out of the water.

They would put our gear in the water.

When in the water the staff would hold the BC and help us put it.

Last edited:
Yes th
Is this the website?

Resort

Did they have 24-hour electricity? Aircon? How comfortable were the beds? Describe the ladders and boat entry / exit.

I am an older guy now, and I need to take my gear off in the water, and have help for someone to put it on me, I sometimes struggle with ladders, so that's why I am asking.

Thanks,

Bill
is website

Very comfortable rooms and beds with fan and air conditioning.

During my stay, there was there a handicapped man who always got assistance both in and out of the water.

They would put our gear in the water.

When in the water the staff would hold the BC and help us put it.

Nice! You traveled with a drone?

Thanks for posting the trip report, pictures & videos. Beautiful reef as expected from that part of the world. However, where are all the big fish, like jacks, sharks, mantas, etc.?

However, where are all the big fish, like jacks, sharks, mantas, etc.?
There's no manta in that part of Maluku, however with a little luck you may encounter hammerheads in the deeper parts of Molana and Nusa Laut walls. Nusa Laut has lots of jacks, also reef sharks dwell on some spots North east of Saparua. Visiblity can be fantastic too beyond the 30m mark, exceptional for Indonesia.
I will take the occasion to express how beautiful and diverse the reef is on Ameth/Nusa Laut area.

To Bill : I tried on three occasions to get a booking at Cape Paperu, these guys are quickly booked with german guests in december and february.

Thanks for posting the trip report, pictures & videos. Beautiful reef as expected from that part of the world. However, where are all the big fish, like sharks, sharks, mantas, etc.?

On Nusa Laut you have all these .

sharks _MG_8125 2.jpg_MG_8126 2.jpg
some times mantas
napolean fish in two dives

But with my lens not easy (Canon EF 100mm F/2.8L + Canon EF8-15mm F/4L Fisheye)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom