Trip Report-Roatan: Reef House Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sail 'n Dive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just had a wonderful holiday on Roatan. Stayed at the Reef House Hotel, a small friendly and well run operation east of Cocoview and Fantasy Is. The diving was terrific. Their boats are quite good, not overcrowded, and their divemaster, David, is superb, the best divemaster whom I have ever encountered (91 dives so far ...) The reefs we saw were generally located several miles east of Cocoview, near the Oak Ridge key/quay. They were in as good if not better shape than the popular ones nearby (eg. Marys Place etc.) Terrific micro life -- bring a magnifying glass, slow down and focus ! David taught me a lot about finding critters and appreciating the reefs. Of the 18 dives I did with them, we were the only dive boat in sight on about 15 of them. Plenty of bottom time available for those who care to stretch things out -- my log has times typically in the 70 to 80 minute range. I never felt rushed by the courteous and pleasant staff -- they even arrange meal times around the diving boat's return.
The hotel has only ten rooms, the owner's family lives right there with you, its clean and cozy. I especially liked the fact that the hotel had an excellent relationship with the locals. I felt safe and secure, but I also liked the fact that neighbors dropped in and I got a chance to practice my Spanish in friendly chats in the bar.
I am already booking a return trip, I would give this destination and operator very high marks.

Back
Top Bottom