Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't call it the "normal" carry on. 23kg or about 15 pounds, US carriers allow 35-40 pounds.

$1614 is not a bad price but there are decent places there that could have been had for $1400 and included nitrox. Galleon/Asia is upper middle class and not a bad choice at all. They have a dock whereas most Sabang ops load from the beach. We chose elsewhere mainly because of too many reviews complaining about the food being overpriced. You'll have a 10-15 walk to get to town.

Actually, I’m a straight up neat tequila drinker....just hand me a bottle and glass and I’m good to go! Hope your flight was uneventful?

Safe and sound in Taipei. Actual flight time was 12 hours (landing at 4:30am local time) and now a 4 hour layover. Found a few very large comfy reclining leather chairs with USB ports. Free WIFI in the airport also. Flight was uneventful. 2 meals served, free wine with first meal service. Flight to Manila from Taipei is 2 hours 2 minutes. Next post will be when we get settled at the resort.

I wouldn't call it the "normal" carry on. 23kg or about 15 pounds, US carriers allow 35-40 pounds.

$1614 is not a bad price but there are decent places there that could have been had for $1400 and included nitrox. Galleon/Asia is upper middle class and not a bad choice at all. They have a dock whereas most Sabang ops load from the beach. We chose elsewhere mainly because of too many reviews complaining about the food being overpriced. You'll have a 10-15 walk to get to town.
Definitely looked at cheaper options. Had strongly considered Blue Ribbon while researching, but they closed up their operation in PG and moved over to Anilao, where they are getting strong reviews. Upper middle class was exactly what we were looking for. On site massage, jacuzzi, pool and the pier were attractive and the price does include personal pick up at the airport, ground transportation to Batangas and a high speed both direct to the resort, round trip. That is a nice added value.

Safe and sound in Taipei. Actual flight time was 12 hours (landing at 4:30am local time) and now a 4 hour layover. Found a few very large comfy reclining leather chairs with USB ports. Free WIFI in the airport also. Flight was uneventful. 2 meals served, free wine with first meal service. Flight to Manila from Taipei is 2 hours 2 minutes. Next post will be when we get settled at the resort.

The thing we missed in Taipei were the food courts and bars found in many large airports.

The thing we missed in Taipei were the food courts and bars found in many large airports.
Yeah it is pretty quiet here and most things aren't open due to the 4:30am arrival. They also required us to go back through security even though we were just transferring to another flight. Had to pitch all of our water, which was a bummer.

Look forward to hearing if the thresher sharks are still being seen regularly. I saw them Mar 14 but not 15 or 17. One of the Asia Divers DMs thought maybe the water was becoming too warm...

Try to stop over in Republic of China next time and dive Green Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom