Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2019-4-13_10-0-0.png

Flathead Crocodile Fish

You did really well with that photo despite not having your camera light! Thanks again for the daily installment - I'm going to miss them when you leave.

That's great to know about the massages....I had no idea they were so great there. Will definitely try one next time.

Will you give Kilima another roll of the dice for the threshers? And Trailboss are you on the unlimited dive plan? I heard El Galleon had one but didn't get any details. Would love to hear what you thought if you are.
Funny you should ask. Just finished up dive 1 this morning at Kilima Steps-- We went in search of the Thresher Sharks and struck gold! Tick that one off my bucket list of sightings. We saw two of them and one was a great sighting. WEveryone was looking out in the depths and I happened to look left and up toward the reef behind and BOOM- there it was just 8 feet away cruising slowly past me. Was epic!

There is a girl called Princess that I really like for the massages. She understands a good deep tissue massage. She can be scheduled in the evening, as she works in the other location during the day. Been getting massages at 7:30pm. After dinner and before hitting the sack for the night. And yes, I am on the unlimited dive plan-- which is 4 scheduled dives a day. Night dives and Verde island are extra.

That's fantastic that you saw the threshers!! My last days there, there were pessimistic rumblings about them having left rec depths for good since no one had seen them for 3 consecutive days. Was your group on the deep ledge when you saw that close pass or just diving along?

Many thanks for the tip re. Princess and for the info on the unlimited dive plan. Sounds like it worked out really well for you.

Awesome Trailboss!! So happy for you and also, now I'm of the mind to go to Philippines. It hadn't ever been on my big radar before. Thanks so much.

Day 10 was another calm and sunny day. After breakfast we went out in search of Thresher Sharks at Kilima Steps. As I mentioned in a previous post, we were fortunate to see 2 of them. One of which was a very close encounter. I’d estimate the one to be about 6 feet in body length and another 6 feet of tail. It was a wonderful sighting and a great way to end the trip. WE also saw a very long juvenile ribbon eel extended out from its hole a tremendous distance. I had no idea they were that long.

Dive 2 was back to Sinandigan Wall to look for more nudibranchs. Below are some final photos I captured without my camera light—similar settings to yesterday. Afternoon was spent drying out gear, packing, distributing tips and paying the final dive bill for stuff not included in my original package. Nitrox is $70 for a week of tanks and the Verde Island trips are $28 with a minimum of 6 divers.
I will do a recap and final thoughts while traveling home and post it here in the next couple of days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom