Trip Report - JDC - Kim's Birthday dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterbearer

Contributor
Reaction score
Back on the Republic IV on the 3rd, it was like a mini invasion of Jupiter. Almost every person (we'll get you Angel) on the boat was a Scubaboard member.

n562798825_1160229_8480.jpg

n562798825_1160065_5007.jpg

We were on a mission to celebrate Kim's (divergirl4u) birthday and I think we would all agree that we accomplished our mission with flying colors, fish and cupcakes!

n562798825_1160231_563.jpg

As usual the crew was top notch, thank you Captain Mike, Harold (our DM) and Will (deck crew).

n562798825_1160067_6734.jpg

Captain Mike yelling at us as usual...kidding, dive briefing.

Our first dive was The Zion, Miss Jenny and the Esso Bonaire III. My camera decided to flake out on me so I didn't get any pictures. :( but it was a great dive anyways.

Our second dive was Tunnels which was amazing! I can see why so many people love it. Awesome swim throughs and tons of fish. We saw sharks, turtles, stingrays, eels, manta rays, whale sharks and bald-headed eagles!

n562798825_1160262_3340.jpg

Our fearless DM, Harold

n562798825_1160066_5865.jpg

I just had to post this one, look how cute!

Last edited:
Nice pics thanks for sharing them :wink: I had so much fun

Vis on the first site was about 40-50 with a nice north current which made hitting all three wrecks possible. Temp at the bottom was a balmy 73 degrees :D

The Tunnels was silted out for my group... oh well! Kristy forgot to mention that the mantas blocked out our view of the whale shark!

Great photos and thanks for sharing... when is the next naked dive

The next time I forget my bikini but not bound to happen. I just threw an overnight "save a bikini" kit in the car. Razors, shaving lotion, extra toothbrush....BIKINI.

How was vis, current, and temp??

The vis was okay, the whiz was bad. Temperature was fine, you didn't hear? I was diving naked!

Awww looks like so much fun!

Thanx for the pics for those of us living in crap weather!!

The vis was okay, the whiz was bad. Temperature was fine, you didn't hear? I was diving naked!

Who/what is this whiz you keep mentioning?
Is that why you were itching during lunch?
May I suggest:
05.jpg

Like the picture says, it really works!:D

I had a pretty good time out there with you crazy folks. I should have figured when Sandy was part of the crowd though....Now to get that thicker wetsuit for when its cools off enough for the lemons...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom