Trip report Destin last two weekends.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots puffer. I'd love the opportunity to go diving with you (When I'm not working as a DM), so the next time you are heading out of Destin give me a call so I can do a little diving in your paradise holes!

You are welcome anytime. Doing Panama City this weekend and back to the big O one of the days the next weekend, but the other will be Destin, will PM you when I know exact days.

Nice shots puffer. I'd love the opportunity to go diving with you (When I'm not working as a DM), so the next time you are heading out of Destin give me a call so I can do a little diving in your paradise holes!

My favorites are the octopus enveloping the snail and the two brightly-colored hermits interacting. Great shots! Is this an exceptionally good year for arrow crabs? I saw a bunch last month on a small shipwreck I was snorkeling on near the Panama City inlet.

Jason, Thanks. Anytime. Here is my current favorite shot (so far this year):

nudi_2011_07_42.jpg

We also have a few Dendrodoras Warta around, and have seen Lettuce sea slugs from time to time. Heck, for all I know, there are dozens others and I have not learned to see them.

nudi_2011_4_050.jpg

If you dive wrecks, it would be lucky to see any, but dive the lime stone "reefs" and it is just a matter of learning to see them..I would guess 95% of the people don't.

Once you learn, you see them all the time. (it does help to have someone point them out the first time)

I am always amazed that I can find something new, and then discover that there were hundreds of them around all the time, I just could not see them.

Awesome shots puffer. I would love to go diving with you in the near future. I have yet to find any nudibranchs

Like many animals, the more you learn to see them, the more there seem to be. This has been a very good year for them (one of the animals that were helped by the oil spill).

My favorites are the octopus enveloping the snail and the two brightly-colored hermits interacting. Great shots! Is this an exceptionally good year for arrow crabs? I saw a bunch last month on a small shipwreck I was snorkeling on near the Panama City inlet.

Nice pics Puffer!
I'm going to be on vacs for the next two weeks in Destin. What dives sites would you recommend me to dive? Any particular dive operation/dive shop that you can recomend?
Thanks!!

Nice pics Puffer!
I'm going to be on vacs for the next two weeks in Destin. What dives sites would you recommend me to dive? Any particular dive operation/dive shop that you can recomend?
Thanks!!

I normally dive with scuba Tech.. will be diving Sat afternoon and Sunday morning this weekend.

But all the operators in the area work. I like the people at Emerald Coast, but their boat is a bit slower. There are a couple of boats out of Fort Walton, bu they have to travel to the pass to get out into the gulf, so it takes longer.

sites, I listed a couple on another thread here, but if you have not been here before, just slow down, take your time and pay real close attention, there is a ton to see.

Thanks Puffer! I arrived yesterday. Last night we were at the Boardwalk and I saw that Scuba Tech shop is near. Will give them a visit.

Back
Top Bottom