Trip report: Cavern tours, or dreams do come true

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice writeup TS&M, I can tell you're excited from the body positioning. :14:

Peter Guy:
No, No, A Thousand Times NO!

Why do I need a tech pass? So I can take Cave 1 with my wife who REFUSES to be any thing but unreasonable regarding with whom she will train these days. Sigh, what I do to keep her happy (and working).

Actually she's quite reasonable IMO. Its the instructor, not the agency. She's gotten reviews and now first hand experience with a quality instructor. Who cares what the agency is, why go anywhere else?

BTW, Off the line with no lights wasn't too bad IMO. But you might have a revised perspective on dark when you don't have any gas and your last backup light gets taken away. :11:

cardzard:
Great video link Mania

You know there is still time to join Laurens, Elzie, Duke, Judy, Roxanne and me on our trip to Cozumel. We are doing a full day of diving the cenotes with Dennis from Diablo divers. :D

Well
not this time
If I go anywhere I'll come back to Florida

Cheers
Mania

Nice writeup TS&M, I can tell you're excited from the body positioning.

Why, do I need to be wildly excited to finally get into trim?

I was looking at Scott Boyd's photographs last night, and wanting SO desperately to go back . . . I wonder if I can STAND to wait a year?

TSandM:
Why, do I need to be wildly excited to finally get into trim?

I was looking at Scott Boyd's photographs last night, and wanting SO desperately to go back . . . I wonder if I can STAND to wait a year?

You can be mine and Jasonmh's Cave 1 buddy for November. :D

Excellent trip report. I'm salivating at the idea of finally seeing some of those sites first hand.

Thanks for the invite, but I have a bunch of work to do before I'm ready to take the class. My goal is to have my doubles trim and balance and buoyancy control faultless, have my "underwater body" well calibrated, and have my line skills polished to a fine shine before I show up. I figure if I meet those goals, I can embarrass rather than humiliate myself in Mexico :)

I have real mixed feelings about your adventure, Lynne. I'm heading down to Tulum next week for a wedding. Until now I only had to juggle the Bride's plans, the groom's family, my family's interests, 7 divers with dive agendas, a grumpy sister (although rum will help with that), and some serious hammock time to "endure". Now I have to figure out how to manage going to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Laguna Yal-Kú, and doing a cenote dive. Decisions, decisions, decisions. ~grin~

TSandM:
Thanks for the invite, but I have a bunch of work to do before I'm ready to take the class. My goal is to have my doubles trim and balance and buoyancy control faultless, have my "underwater body" well calibrated, and have my line skills polished to a fine shine before I show up. I figure if I meet those goals, I can embarrass rather than humiliate myself in Mexico :)

dont forget the weight lifting and lots and lots of stair-master. :wink:

Oh, yeah, THOSE . . . sigh.

Soli:
I have real mixed feelings about your adventure, Lynne. I'm heading down to Tulum next week for a wedding. Until now I only had to juggle the Bride's plans, the groom's family, my family's interests, 7 divers with dive agendas, a grumpy sister (although rum will help with that), and some serious hammock time to "endure". Now I have to figure out how to manage going to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Laguna Yal-Kú, and doing a cenote dive. Decisions, decisions, decisions. ~grin~

Skip Yalku Lagoon. Really not worth the price of admission. It used be ok for snorkelers who hadn't really seen much else or were newbies, but the water quality and fish life have really gone down the past year or so. If you need to keep someone happy by snorkeling in Akumal, go to Half Moon Bay. No crowd and more to see. There are some snorkel maps online of the bay, just do a couple searches and you should find them. You can hang out on the beach in front of La Buena Vida and Akumal Dive Adventures. If it's to windy at Half Moon, and you don't mind crowds, go to Akumal Bay. Turtles in the seagrass there are a sure things. LBV and Lol Ha (at Akumal Bay) can do alot with rum, so no worries about the grumpy sister.

Back
Top Bottom