Tri-Mix Agencies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

However, I disagree that helium is only useful for deep dives (>=150ft) (as long as money isnt an issue).

From what I understand significant decreases in WOB may help prevent CO2 buildup which can help prevent additional narcosis and decrease the risk of DCS. This not only makes the dive safer but also more enjoyable.
Seriously ... getting a decent reg is cheaper.

Regardless, I didn't assume deep when he asked, because I want to learn trimix, but not necessarily for deep dives. I think it will be a fine gas for 120-130 ft, which will allow me to explore many of the dives around me without the significant narcosis of 21% or EAN. Even some divers who really experience severe narcosis at "shallower" depths (of which there are some on these boards) of 90-100 could benefit from a little helium (30/30 or 25/25).
... for someone with the OP's experience level, 120-130 feet IS a deep dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Many go the other way decent without meaning to its just not as obvious as popping to the surface, and we are talking precision accent/decent descending and holding a preplanned depth say 130ft for 20 minutes without ascending or descending (important on a preplanned tech dive) especially in current can be just as hard as say holding at 15ft for a few minutes on your safety stop.

Seriously ... getting a decent reg is cheaper.

... for someone with the OP's experience level, 120-130 feet IS a deep dive.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm comfortable at 100 feet and have done that quite often. I've maxed out at 137 currently on air and also felt more then comfortable there. The 137 was also a total overhead environment.

In all honesty right now I'm just looking in to it with plans of trying it next summer. By then I should have 75-100 dives in easily. As for depths, I really have no interest in going past 200' at this point in time ...

... well that's a relief ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I'm comfortable at 100 feet and have done that quite often. I've maxed out at 137 currently on air and also felt more then comfortable there. The 137 was also a total overhead environment.

well aren't you a badass.

if you're gonna do the **** anyway you might as well take a trimix course. Bert Wilcher is out near you. give him a call and maybe he can help you

Wow 137ft in an overhead environment, like the other guy said sounds like your ready for you Trimix course?

Awesome, a 140ft dive in a "total overhead". I'm glad you've got this all figured out and that you're "comfortable".

Have you ever heard the expression "you don't know what you don't know"? Ya, that applies to you. I suggest taking the cotton out of your ears and putting it in your mouth before we read about you in the accidents forum. You've got a bunch of people here giving you really good advice. Be grateful for it and heed that advice.

That was more in response to the people that said I should do "deep" which is consider over 100'... and as I said, I don't really have any desire to do over 150..

I ask for recommendations so I can research stuff before jumping in and get maybe 6 useful posts out of 6 pages..

I ask for recommendations so I can research stuff before jumping in and get maybe 6 useful posts out of 6 pages..

the advice so far may seem a little harsh but they all have been looking out for your best interest. People don't want to see you in the accidents and incidents section. So far it seems like you haven't listened to any of the recommendations that you have been given so far. That or you already have your mind made up and really don't care what people have to say.

EDIT: looks like you edited your post while I was typing this...

Last edited by a moderator:
That was more in response to the people that said I should do "deep" which is consider over 100'... and as I said, I don't really have any desire to do over 150..

You came on here for recommendations you got it now you are reacting like this? There are always useful posts and some maybe not so why not take the advice you feel may help and be happy instead of calling people obscene names?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom