Traveling with carry on and fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This question is one that is worth revisiting given the COVID crisis. For those of you have flown recently, did your carry baggage generate any additional scrutiny by the airline?

In Canada, travelers are packing more carry on as they try to avoid baggage fees. But with packed flights - at least in pre-COVID times - many passengers in Economy/Coach were being forced to check their carry on. I managed to avoid this, but many were happy to comply as they did not have to tote rollers back and forth and fight for bin space.

Not sure if it helps in this situation but I have always found bringing chocolates for the gate crew and onboard staff gets me a whole lot of leeway. And even bumped to first class on one flight so there's that option. Just saying.

Not sure if it helps in this situation but I have always found bringing chocolates for the gate crew and onboard staff gets me a whole lot of leeway. And even bumped to first class on one flight so there's that option. Just saying.
You mentioned this previously. When was the last time you actually did this and was this an act of simple kindness or was this quid pro quo? Just asking...

You mentioned this previously. When was the last time you actually did this and was this an act of simple kindness or was this quid pro quo? Just asking...

just an act of simple kindness. i don't expect anything in return nor am i disappointed when i don't get special treatment. its just worth the shocked look on their faces when i hand them the box of rochet's. I did this in September on my flight down to Coz.

I don't think my carry-on has ever fit the proscribed size, most definitely not the weight. i think on my trip in september my carry on was around 35 pounds and my personal item was around 25. like i said, maybe its my size that makes my baggage look small. or it could just be my charm and disarming smile.

Back
Top Bottom