Travel Fin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic5

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted a light and small pair of fins for travel. My current fins are Oceanic split fins and at 6.0 pounds they seem heavy. I have a large size 14 foot. Based upon reviews I ordered and just received a pair of Cressi Reaction fins. I am surprised that they are the exact same size as my current fins but a little lighter at 4.5 pounds for the pair.

Are there any smaller lightweight fins out there that will fit my big feet? The current fins are so long that they barely fit in my largest piece of luggage.

I use Force Fin Pro both for local diving and travel. I'm not sure about the weight but they're quite compact. You need to actually try them on to check the fit, if you can find them in a local dive shop.

Adam

Thanks but the force fin pro is outside of my price range. I usually dive a few times on vacation once or twice a year and really cannot justify a $250 pair of fins.

The Novas are very light; provide tons of effortless thrust and ideal for travel. I would not call them "compact", but then again you are going to struggle to get anything "compact" in a size 14!!!!!

I just went through the same exercise that you are in the middle of. I looked at the Aqualung Hotshot and the Scubapro Seawing Nova. I wound up going with the Nova for a couple of reasons:
1. The Hotshot is designed to be worn without a boot, and I want boots for places with rough entries (e.g. Bonaire) as well as crowded boats where toes get stepped on.

2. The Novas are a full size fin, so they provide great propulsion in a lightweight package.

Try Mare Avanti Excels. If the water is warm enough at your destination and you're boat diving then full-foot fins are usually lighter anyway plus you save the weight of not needing wetsuit boots.

Thanks but the force fin pro is outside of my price range. I usually dive a few times on vacation once or twice a year and really cannot justify a $250 pair of fins.

You're right. I'm not sure what happened to the pricing of Force Fins as I'm pretty sure I paid about half that for mine years ago.

Adam

For occasional diving, Zeagle EZ Travel, 2.5 lbs. Can wear with or without boots.

Thanks. With my big feet I don't want to order full foot fins as they usually don't fit well, most shops don't have this size in stock, and an open heel gives me the option of no boot for snorkeling and wearing a boot when diving.

Back
Top Bottom