Trashfest 2006 - Oct 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just down there last weekend for the Guadalupe cleanup. Scouted out a few trash holes on the Comal, heh, heh!

Seriously, I think I'll head on down with Leslie & maybe one other friend. Foo, are you & Donald still going? If so, where are you planning to stay?

Alright, the aggies will be there in force. I might even have TWO teams!!

Hey, can someone tell me where to get those coarse mesh sacks I've seen used at UW cleanups? All the other UW trash cleanups I've been to provide the things, but it looks like Trashfest does not. I need to pick some up.

archman:
Alright, the aggies will be there in force. I might even have TWO teams!!

Hey, can someone tell me where to get those coarse mesh sacks I've seen used at UW cleanups? All the other UW trash cleanups I've been to provide the things, but it looks like Trashfest does not. I need to pick some up.

We will have onion sacks and plastic bags, at least enough to get everyone started but it would help if people could bring some. Don't stay away because you don't have bags, though.

Reefhound, where do you get these "onion sacks" from?

Looks as though I'll be coming down alone.
Read through the link page for the event and seems I'll be assigned a team(correct?).
Never dove the Comal before. Assuming it's a full wetsuit dive.
Any good camping near by?

archman:
Reefhound, where do you get these "onion sacks" from?

The New Braunfels Parks Dept. is supplying them.

putawaywet:
Looks as though I'll be coming down alone.
Read through the link page for the event and seems I'll be assigned a team(correct?).
Never dove the Comal before. Assuming it's a full wetsuit dive.
Any good camping near by?

There will be a spot for you somewhere. Water temp is about 72 degrees, I've done it in a 3mm but would probably recommend a 5mm if you'll be in the water for the full 4 hours. A hood really helps, too. And I would suggest gloves, not only for warmth but for protection.

I know there is camping right on the river at Landa RV park, there is a link to them on the Trashfest website. I know at least one shop from Houston is sending a team to dive and camp.

Just as a reminder - TrashFest 06 is this Saturday - Oct 7th.

Our sponsors have donated over $10,000 in door prizes, so in addition to helping clean up the Comal river and meeting divers from all over the state, you can win some pretty cool stuff at the awards banquet, too.

The weather's looking like it's going to be perfect. See y'all at TrashFest 06

http://www.tgccdiving.org/trashfest

Just a note on the bags, the Parks Dept provides the onion sacks for use as collection bags in the water, but those aren't very good (or big enough) to bring all of the trash you collect to the weigh in site. If teams could each bring a roll of inexpensive garbage bags for that, it's be REALLY, REALLY helpful.

Looks like there are two of us coming down for sure and possibly four - the other 2 would be Foo & Donald. Me & my buddy Jim did a cleanup weekend before last on the Guadalupe and also dove several times on the Comal. Is anyone interested in teaming up to make up the team of 8? I'd rather buddy up with folks on the board than trusting the luck of the draw at the event.

I reserved a campsite right on the river at Landa RV park for Friday & Saturday nights. Is anyone else planning to camp there? It would be great to meet some more SBers.

As far as sacks go, I know of a place here in Dallas called Dallas Bag & Burlap where I get my mesh sacks.

We've got campsites #511 and 512 staked out for Friday night. I think there's over 15 of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom