Trashfest 2006 - Oct 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound:
The dinner alone is worth the fee

Actually, the company, alone, is worth the fee! If CHUM is there, it's guaranteed to be a good time! We're planning to make the cleanup, but do have a grandchild due in October, so will probably be late sign-ups after we see how things are going with the baby. I know, I know- don't have my priorities right, but some things you just have to live with...

Foo:
Actually, the company, alone, is worth the fee! If CHUM is there, it's guaranteed to be a good time! We're planning to make the cleanup, but do have a grandchild due in October, so will probably be late sign-ups after we see how things are going with the baby. I know, I know- don't have my priorities right, but some things you just have to live with...

Sounds like you have your priorities exactly right. We hope you make it and will find a slot for you. CHUM will not only be there in force (hopefully 2 teams) but has three members on the planning committee.

Just a reminder.

TrashFest 06 is only about a month away now - Oct 7th in New Braunfels.

We've updated the website with the current list of door prizes, but there are still some great ones coming in, so check back regularly for updates:

http://www.tgccdiving.org/trashfest/trashfest.html

Info on registration, lodging, etc can be found there as well.

Don't forget, entry fees get you a fun day of diving, the BBQ awards banquet, and a chance to win one of the great door prizes.

See you there!

I might actually go to this thing; our university club is footing the bill!

I did have some questions. I have to *sell* this to our members, who are very fickle.

1. The 6 diver maximum per team. What if all eight team members are divers, but only 6 dive at once. Can the "grounds people" swap in and out during the day?

2. Are there air fills on-site?

3. "Drawing" for sites. So the sites are picked out of a hat or something on registration day?

4. What has been the diver turnout the last couple of years?

5. Is there a nearby dive shop?

6. Uh... what kind of beer is it (yes, we're THAT fickle:wink: )

archman:
I might actually go to this thing; our university club is footing the bill!

I did have some questions. I have to *sell* this to our members, who are very fickle.

1. The 6 diver maximum per team. What if all eight team members are divers, but only 6 dive at once. Can the "grounds people" swap in and out during the day?

2. Are there air fills on-site?

3. "Drawing" for sites. So the sites are picked out of a hat or something on registration day?

4. What has been the diver turnout the last couple of years?

5. Is there a nearby dive shop?

6. Uh... what kind of beer is it (yes, we're THAT fickle:wink: )

1. You can play team tag, just six divers in water at any one time.

2. Generally, there isn't much time for filling and it would cut into underwater time. Depths are so shallow most people can get 2 hours on a tank. Air fills haven't been onsite in past but we might have a fire station providing fills this year. I'll check further on this.

3. Assigned sites are drawn by team captains at onsite registration.

4. Diver turnout last year was about 150, we hope to have more this year. Heavy rains the previous few years had a detrimental effect on attendance.

5. I've heard conflicting reports that there is and isn't a dive shop in New Braunfels. I'll check further. The closest I know is The Dive Shop in San Marcos, about 20 miles away.

6. I'll check on beer brand.

Still planning to make this event, Reefhound. Of course, it all depends on the pending birth of my 4th grandchild (3 living). It will probably be only a day or two before that I will know for sure, but at this time count us in! Looking forward to seeing CHUM in the water...

I was planning on going after I was told there was "free" beer. Unfortunatly, I forgot about it when I chartered a rig dive for that day.
I hope that everyone has a great time! Post some pics after all is said and done.

John

Why does it have to be the same day as the Red River Shootout?!? I'll be thinking of y'all as I cuss out Okies and drink as much as humanly possible to remain standing for the duration of the game. Else, I'd be there for some of that free cervesa and diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom