Trashfest 2006 - Oct 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The year seems to be flying by, and with that in mind, I wanted to remind you that Trashfest 2006 is coming up on October 7th. It may seem a long way off right now, but it'll be here before we know it.

Trashfest is a great way for Texas divers to show that we care about our environment. It's a day of diving and cleaning up the river, followed by a fantastic BBQ and door prize drawing. Please mark the date on your calendar and make plans to join in the fun. Why not put a ScubaBoard team together to compete for the "Super Scooper" t-shirts? Trust me, you'll have a lot of fun doing it.

I've attached a "save the date" flyer. Feel free to print it, hand it out, or forward it to anyone who may be interested. Bring it to your LDS and ask them to put a team together, too. If you're on any other forums, please share this information with them.

Come on out, get wet, and show that TEXAS DIVERS CARE!

Sushi Boy
aka Roger Veteto
Vice President
Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs (TGCC)

If you have a business or organization that you would like to promote to the hundreds of Texas divers that show up at Trashfest, we would like to talk to you about door prize donations. Please send me a message if you are interested.

I was going to do this one a year or two ago. I recall they wanted to charge divers a fee to join the fun of picking up UW garbage. Is this still so?

Their site (http://www.tgccdiving.org/trashfest/trashfest.html) has info on the registration page about discounting early registering teams by $5/team. I can't find where it lists the actual price, but that does seem to indicate a charge for teams to participate.

hydro12:
Their site (http://www.tgccdiving.org/trashfest/trashfest.html) has info on the registration page about discounting early registering teams by $5/team. I can't find where it lists the actual price, but that does seem to indicate a charge for teams to participate.

Oops, those pages are being developed and updated this week. The information has now been added.

Team entry fee is $100 per team and individual entry fee is $15 per person. Ideally, participation costs would be covered through business or organization sponsorship. See Sushi Boy's post above.

The fee does include a great bbq dinner w/ free beer(untill and if they run out) that evening. In years past they have had great door prizes that included free trips to the flower gardens, live aboards and land based resorts.

DiverG:
The fee does include a great bbq dinner w/ free beer(untill and if they run out) that evening. In years past they have had great door prizes that included free trips to the flower gardens, live aboards and land based resorts.

The dinner alone is worth the fee (if you can't get a LDS or business to sponsor you) and the beer didn't run out last year despite the best efforts of CHUM, who hung around drinking and playing poker until they had to lock the doors.

It is expected there will be similar free trips awarded this year as well as a Cochran dive computer ($1100 msrp).

I haven't been to trashfest in a couple of years. I only remember there not being enough beer one time, and then for several years after that there was plenty of beer to around. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom