Transporting The Cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you put enough cylinders in there, they don't roll around. I'm really glad I have a rebreather now.
289474A0-D45F-46E5-980F-B7B1ACAF304F_1_105_c.jpeg
463D5DD8-652D-42EE-BFD4-10D96D0A8351_1_105_c.jpeg

There have been several posts regarding hauling like 20 tanks, which I don't think is what the OP meant. I dunno, I think my method of securing 1,2,4 tanks is safe enough. There are all kinds of things that can happen to you in an accident. In fact, I did have a front end collision a couple of years ago (my first ever, age then 64). Front of van had to be pretty much completely replaced. Tank in the back never budged. BC with pocket weights on the tank, wt. belt hemming it in on side, rubbermaid "tub" between tank & driver's seat, fins between tank and trunk door.

Apparently they are called crashes these days

There have been several posts regarding hauling like 20 tanks, which I don't think is what the OP meant. I dunno, I think my method of securing 1,2,4 tanks is safe enough. There are all kinds of things that can happen to you in an accident. In fact, I did have a front end collision a couple of years ago (my first ever, age then 64). Front of van had to be pretty much completely replaced. Tank in the back never budged. BC with pocket weights on the tank, wt. belt hemming it in on side, rubbermaid "tub" between tank & driver's seat, fins between tank and trunk door.

Yeah I have 2 cylinders, last weekend I finally got round to making a cylinder rack, really simple concept, see my picture below, but the cylinders can't roll round and once strapped down with a ratchet strap, i'm more than happy they will be secure :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_114218 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210321_114218 (1).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 81
your poor axel lol I had I think 5 tanks loaded in my car along with my cooler and winced every time I hit a bump lol
That was a Dodge Durango, and it was just about doing a wheelie.

Makes me nervous when I see tanks piled in an SUV with the back seat down. Tanks right behind front seats. I’d think those would go flying easily if you were hit hard enough. I always haul tanks in the back of my Escape with back seat up. I’ve had about 10 full sized tanks in the back. The rubberized non-slip pads for under rugs you can get for $10 or so at Walmart works well to put in between layers of tanks. Keeps them from slipping much.

Gear always gets piled on top of tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom