Transpac or bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am assuming you removed your sex bolt? They come from the factory with one in place. If unneeded let DR know and they will save a bundle over the course of the next several years....

The sex bolt simply holds the wing to the Pac when a tank is not in place. It does not serve as a load bearing piece of hardware.

Cam straps hold the tank to the Pac. It sounds more likely you assembled your gear incorrectly. But I wasn't there.

Between the two I prefer a BP/W, I happen to use a DR plate. I have a Golem Gear 30# a double bladder Rec Wing for my steel doubles and a Trek wing for my Al Doubles. I use a Trans Pac for work with students. I like DSS plates and will be dedicating my single tank dives to that plate and the Golem Gear wing but to think superiority lies in anything other than brand loyalty would be real tough to prove by me.

That's apparent.

You claimed they were FAR superior. That simply isn't the case in the least bit.

My original comment was ambiguous. I meant you cannot compare DR to the others. The other companies produce superior products IMO. I own a Halycon single rig and a Deep Sea Supply doubles rig and am quite immpressed.

My original comment was ambiguous. I meant you cannot compare DR to the others. The other companies produce superior products IMO. I own a Halycon single rig and a Deep Sea Supply doubles rig and am quite immpressed.

You CAN compare them in quality material and craftsmanship.

I hope I'm not ambiguous.

I have no problem with brand loyalty to a point but to say you can't compare the two is simple bias and not experience in my opinion.

The sex bolt simply holds the wing to the Pac when a tank is not in place. It does not serve as a load bearing piece of hardware.

Cam straps hold the tank to the Pac. It sounds more likely you assembled your gear incorrectly. But I wasn't there.

It defiantly assists in stablizing the rig otherwise they would not ship the units with the $6 SS bolt.

I'm sure this could be settled easily.

Please enlighten us on how the Halcyon plate is superior to the DR or DSS plate?

How about wing/bladder construction?

What are the major flaws in DR products that are not found in your kit selection?

It defiantly assists in stablizing the rig otherwise they would not ship the units with the$6 SS bolt.
It does no such thing and they don't claim that it does.

It does no such thing and they don't claim that it does.

I gather you are the argumentive type. I beleive the issue is quite basic. It is designed into the unit for stability reasons. Without it more tank roll would occur. If uneeded feel free to call their engineering department to continue this insane argument...

Let me know what you find out. Here's my list of supporting evidence.

Perhaps an uncomfortable name... Scuba sex bolts use a male and female combination to attach various accessories to a TransPac harness or to a hard backplate (such as lift bag pouches, suit inflation mounting systems and sidemount buttplates). Another common use for the scuba sex bolts is to secure the wing to the TransPac harness or hard backplate when rigged for a single tank--When the BCD is taken off a single tank (perhaps to swap tanks between dives), the cam straps alone are not enough to keep the wing neatly attached to the harness. Designed to fit through a 3/8" hole, the scuba sex bolts aka Dive rite stainless steel assembly screws, include O-rings that create friction to help keep the screw in place.

Scuba Sex Bolts reviews and discounts, Dive Rite

Dive Rite stainless steel assembly screws (also known as sex bolts) are used to secure any wing to the back plate for single cylinder diving. When used for this purpose, the assembly screws keep the wing firmly attached to the plate, preventing dislocation when changing cylinders.

Dive Rite Stainless Steel Assembly Screws

The stainless steel assembly screws are used for attaching various accessories to a TransPac harness or to a hard backplate (such as lift bag pouches, suit inflation mounting systems and sidemount buttplates). Another common use is to secure the wing to the TransPac harness or hard backplate when rigged for a single tank--When the BCD is taken off a single tank (perhaps to swap tanks between dives), the cam straps alone are not enough to keep the wing neatly attached to the harness. Designed to fit through a 3/8” hole, the Stainless Steel Assembly Screws include O-rings that create friction to help keep the screw in place. Sold individually.

Dive Rite Assembly Screw (Sex Bolt) [HW1069] - $7.64 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

I gather you are the argumentive type. I beleive the issue is quite basic. It is designed into the unit for stability reasons. Without it more tank roll would occur. If uneeded call their engineer to continue this insane argument...

It's not an argument, I'm trying to teach you something. You're arguing without presenting fact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom