Transmitters sharing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCscott

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am getting a nerd with transmitter for my CCR. I am also getting a perdix ai. My question is will they share the transmitter.

The transmitter is a radio station broadcasting it's info. Very small station with a very limited market share.
Doesn't matter or even know how many listeners there are. Could be none. If you could get 100 receivers in the reception zone, the data would be known 100 times over.

So Yes it will work.

I have two transmitters and two Perdix. Both transmitters go to both computers without any issues.

N.B. The transmitters should be a different colour or the new Shearwater transmitters that back off Ethernet style.

N.B. The transmitters should be a different colour or the new Shearwater transmitters that back off Ethernet style.
Many of us use the same gray transmitters with no problems. One thing that helps is not to pressurize both cylinders at the same time. But this is irrelevant; the OP wants to use two receivers with one transmitter, not two transmitters with one receiver.

Many of us use the same gray transmitters with no problems. One thing that helps is not to pressurize both cylinders at the same time. But this is irrelevant; the OP wants to use two receivers with one transmitter, not two transmitters with one receiver.
Hence the N.B.

I disagree regarding two same-colour transmitters; they, by design, will cancel each other out at some point. Use of different colours mitigates this feature.

Hence the N.B.

I disagree regarding two same-colour transmitters; they, by design, will cancel each other out at some point. Use of different colours mitigates this feature.
Yes, the two colors -- which are no longer available -- mitigates the problem. My experience, and that of others, is that turning on the two tanks at different times also mitigates the problem.

Yes, the two colors -- which are no longer available -- mitigates the problem. My experience, and that of others, is that turning on the two tanks at different times also mitigates the problem.
It doesn’t mitigate the problem. It is a hack that may work sometimes but the problem is always there. Should you jump in and the transmitters are "in sync", you’ve lost pressure info and will need to "reset" one underwater.

With two different colours— the yellow Shearwater one plus one other such as the Aqualung or grey Shearwater, or the new Shearwater one — the problem is eliminated.

Your choice.

My choice was to pay a few bucks more for different colours and not have problems.

Back
Top Bottom