Transmitters sharing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn’t mitigate the problem. It is a hack that may work sometimes but the problem is always there. Should you jump in and the transmitters are "in sync", you’ve lost pressure info and will need to "reset" one underwater.

With two different colours— the yellow Shearwater one plus one other such as the Aqualung or grey Shearwater, or the new Shearwater one — the problem is eliminated.

Your choice.

My choice was to pay a few bucks more for different colours and not have problems.
In principle, what you say is correct, however I have about 200 or so dives with double grey transmitters and have never once had any signal loss. Since they both have (in theory) the same frequency, if they are offset a little, say by starting one a second after the other, then they should never interfere as they will be always out of synch. However, manufacturing tolerances being what they are, if they are on different period then they will get closer and closer until they overlap, then diverge again. They will not need to be reset, as the computer will not recognise the overlapped signal as anything but noise hence the "lost Tx' message, once they diverge again it will be back to normal.

I am sure I probably did have a moment or two of signal loss before, but never while I was looking at the screen.

I just checked on DGX’s website and neither of the original color transmitters are available. Just the new Swift transmitter.

I just checked on DGX’s website and neither of the original color transmitters are available. Just the new Swift transmitter.
The gray transmitters from PPS via Oceanic or Aqualung (for example) are easily available from many sources; DGX doesn't sell any of those brands. The yellow one was a Shearwater exclusive and are no longer made.

You need to look up what "mitigate" means.

The yellow one is no longer available.
Resolve then.

The yellow one has been superseded with the newer one which has the transmission back off feature

I've had two gray transmitters (a Shearwater and a Sherwood) on two tanks transmitting to my perdix ai for about 30 dives.
I can say I've seen NO TX message less than a handful of times.

Whenever i see a thread about the various failure modes for transmitters i wonder why we so rarely see similar threads for analog SPGs. A conspiracy of silence maybe 🤔

This thread isn't about transmitter vs hose.

It's about using two similar broadcasting transmitters.
No, it is about ONE transmitter and more than one receiver. Everything else is spurious.

This thread isn't about transmitter vs hose.

It's about using two similar broadcasting transmitters.
I understand but the issue of potential crosstalk came up and that's one of the ways they might go wrong.

It was a (somewhat lame) attempt at humor ...lighten up and have a merry Christmas 😀

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom